We are just about a week away from Phoenix Comicon! After doing our foodie-friendly panels post, we thought it would be a great idea to do an exhibitor and guest round up. This list compiles exhibitors and guests who offer a foodie product or are connected to the food world in some way. So without further delay, here they are:
- Danny Trejo– Not only is Danny Trejo a terrific actor whom we’ve all come to recognize from movies like Machete, The Devil’s Rejects, and more, but he is also a restauranteur. He owns 3 (soon to be 4) restaurants in California including a coffee and donut shop!
- Ink Whiskey (Booth HH805)- Ink Whiskey will help you make your home bar complete. They offer a plethora of retro game barware like shot glasses and ice cube trays. They also offer old Nintendo cartridges turned into flasks! Not going to lie, we will definitely be stopping by their booth.
- Moto’s Glass (Booth 361)- Moto’s Glass is a small business that likes serving the geek and nerd communities with hand sandblast etched glassware. They have over 600 designs and don’t charge extra for custom work. They have everything from wine glasses to tumblers to decanters.
- Nerdy Novelty Design (Booth HH711)- Nerdy Novelty Design is perfect for the geeky home cook. She sells some of the most adorable pot holders and oven mitts you will ever see. From Harry Potter to Supernatural, there is a fandom for everyone.
- Pixy Cakes (Booth AA700)- Looking for something to quell your sweet tooth while wandering around con? Pixy Cakes will be there with cupcakes, cake pops, and more! Who doesn’t love a little sugar as an afternoon pick me up!
- Sam Sykes (Check your schedule for panel and signing times)- You’re probably wondering why we’ve listed the author of City Stained Red and The Aeon’s Gate Series here. Well, Sam is also the author of Boom Studios’ Brave Chef Brianna! Brave Chef Brianna is a story about budding chef Brianna Jakobsson, who’s trying to impress her father but whose best and only customers are monsters.
We are so excited for Phoenix Comicon this year! Let us know if there are any other exhibitors or guests with food ties that you’d like to see on this list!
About Phoenix Comicon
Phoenix Comicon is a multigenre entertainment and comic book convention held annually in Phoenix, Arizona. It was founded as the Phoenix Cactus Comicon in June 2002 and originally consisted of a one-day six-hour event held in Ahwatukee, Arizona. PCC plays host to comic related panels, programming events, art contests, and autograph signings for all ages. It is a four-day event (Thursday-Sunday) held during the summer at the Phoenix Convention Center in downtown Phoenix.