The long wait is finally over! HBO’s hit show Game of Thrones is finally returning! The battle for the Iron Throne is soon coming to a close (this season and the following season are it!) and we are another season closer to seeing how it will play out. We’re so excited for the show’s return that we have rounded up some recipes perfect for a Game of Thrones viewing party! Below are just a few of gems we found:
- Highgarden Lemon Cakes by The Gluttonous Geek– These gorgeous little lemon cakes for inspired by Highgarden’s French asthetic. They mix a little sweet with a little savory and feature one of our favorite cheeses. Not only are they gorgeous and scrumptious looking, but they will also give you an excuse to learn how to make choux pastry.
- Red Velvet Dragonscale Cake by Liv for Cake– We are always jealous of people who are good at cake decorating. That is just so not our skill set. This cake was too beautiful to not include. The mixture of color in the frosting for the scales is simply stunning. This cake is gorgeous enough that even the Targaryens would approve.
- Highgarden’s Little Rose by A Heaping Spoonful– This recipe is literally Margaery Tyrell in cocktail form. Obviously rose for House Tyrell but there is more than meets the eye. The use of sparkling rosé also mimics her sweet but not too sweet personality. We may be a little biased as House Tyrell is our second favorite house, but we can’t wait to make this cocktail!
- Frey Pie by Baking Mischief– Finally we’ve come to a savory dish to balance all of the sweet! This Frey Pie is a fair amount of work but the payoff is a stunning dish! It is loaded with meat and veggies galore. Just be sure not to lose a finger in it!
- Marzipan Mice for Ser Pounce by Pretty Cake Machine– Have you ever made marzipan? Well we haven’t. In fact, if were being honest, it has never dawned on us to try. That is, until we saw these adorable mice! These marzipan mice are almost too cute to eat. Almost.
We hope you’ve enjoyed this round up of Game of Throne inspired recipes! Do you have a Game of Thrones recipe to share? We’d love to see it! Share it in the comments below or us the hashtag #GeekEats!
*This article is comprised of recipes collected by the Geeks; Original recipes were created by the listed sites. View our Disclosure Policy for more info.