Lately we have been so busy! That means our date nights have been put on the back burner as of late. However, this inspired this month’s recipe for Queen Creek Olive Mill! We’ve come up with a recipe perfect for a summer date night! Not only is it easy to make, but it also requires no cooking! Our Burrata Salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette for Two pairs perfectly with a nice bottle of rosé.
Burrata has recently become one of our favrorite cheeses. In case you aren’t familiar, burrata is a fresh Italian cheese made from mozzarella and cream. The outer shell is solid mozzarella, while the inside contains stracciatella and cream, giving it an unusual, soft texture. Burrata is becoming more readily available at the grocery store, but is typically easiest to find in specialty stores like Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods. The mildness of the cheese allows it to pair well with the more butter vegetables like arugula.
The dressing we created is super simple! What makes it special is the Queen Creek Olive Mill Pomegranate White Balsamic Vinegar. It is created from imported Italian White Balsamic Vinegar that’s blended with fresh pomegranate juice. The fruity blend is perfectly balanced with the perfect amount of sweetness and tartness. We combined with some olive oil, pomegranate seeds, and dijon mustard for a light dressing that that can go on any salad!
What is your favorite date night dish? We’d love to know! Leave a comment below or share your photo with the hashtag #GeekEats! Stay tuned for next month’s recipe featuring Queen Creek Olive Mill’s Meyer Lemon Olive Oil.
- 8 oz container of Burrata (we used Trader Joe's)
- 2-3 loosely packed cups Arugula
- Crusty French Bread; toasted to serve on the side
- 2 tbsp Queen Creek Olive Mill Pomegranate White Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/8 cup Pomegranate Seeds
- Combine dressing ingredients except for pomegranate seeds.
- Carefully add pomegranate seeds and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate for about 20 minutes.
- Place arugula in a bowl.
- Drain burrata and pat dry.
- Place on burrata in bowl with arugula.
- Drizzle with prepared dressing.
- Serve with bread.
*The Geeks have partnered with Queen Creek Olive Mill for monthly recipes and have received product to help facilitate the creation of this recipe. All opinions are wholly our own. View our Disclosure Policy for more info.