We received a review copy of The Strangers: Prey At Night to help with creating our Total Eclipse Cookies.
It has been a hot minute since we’ve shared a new horror recipe with you! To be honest, most of them are going into our upcomnge-book cookbook, Nightmares and Noms: The Unofficial Horror Cookbook. However, when we were asked to create a new recipe for The Strangers: Prey at Night we just had to say yes! If you haven’t seen the film, our Total Eclipse Cookies may be a little confusing but rest assured, they totally make sense!
In The Strangers: Prey at Night, “a family’s road trip takes a dangerous turn when they arrive at a secluded mobile home park to stay with relatives and find it mysteriously deserted. Under the cover of darkness, three masked psychopaths pay them a visit to test the family’s every limit as they struggle to survive. Johannes Roberts, whose shark diving thriller 47 Meters Down was a smash hit, directs this horror film featuring Christina Hendricks (“Mad Men”), Bailee Madison (Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark), Martin Henderson (The Ring), and Lewis Pullman (Battle of the Sexes).”
Interested in what bonus features are on The Strangers: Prey at Night? The Blu-ray is chock full of them! They include:
- Alternate Ending
- “Prep for Night” Music Video – Director’s Cut: The Man in the Mask, Dollface, and Pin-up Girl get ready to terrorize an unsuspecting family in a music video directed by horror auteur Mickey Keating (Darling, Carnage Park)
- A Look Inside The Strangers: Prey at Night: Stars Christina Hendricks, Martin Henderson and director Johannes Roberts talk about the making of the film
- Family Fights Back: Stars Christina Hendricks, Martin Henderson, Bailee Madison, Lewis Pullman and director Johannes Roberts review the film’s characters and their fight to survive
- The Music of The Strangers: Prey at Night: Director Johannes Roberts and star Bailee Madison discuss the John Carpenter-inspired score and the ‘80s soundtrack that keeps The Strangers killing
Here is where we would normally tell you about the inspiration behind our recipe. Without spoiling, we will tell you that these cookies were inspired by one of our favorite scenes in the movie. When we saw the film in the theater, this scene blew us away! As we mentioned earlier, if you haven’t seen the film you will understand the reference once you have.
Speaking of seeing the film, do you want a chance to win a copy of the Blu-ray? Well, now you can! Enter below and you have a chance to win your very own copy! The Winner will be selected next week! Good luck!
The Geeks have created a brand new fun recipe, Total Eclipe Cookies, for The Strangers: Prey at Night!
- Cut Out Cookie Dough (Use your favorite recipe. We used one from Taste of Home )
- Wilton Sparkle Gel Accent Icing in teal, red, and gold
- Palm Tree Cookie Cutter
- Prepare cookie dough per recipe instructions.
- Cut dough using the palm tree cookie cutter.
- Bake per recipe instructions.
- Allow cookies to cool.
- Line the outer edge of the cookies with 1 of the colors.
- Draw 5 diagonal lines across the trunk.
- Repeat until all cookies are decorated.
The Geeks were provided with a copy of The Strangers: Prey at Night for research purposes. Images and title treatments were used with permission. Giveaway faciliated by Think Jam. All opinions are wholly our own. View our Disclosure Policy for more info.