If you are anything like us, you’re probably feeling like you’ve reached the bottom of the barrel when it comes to movies and shows on streaming sites. Have no fear! The Geeks Who Eat are here to help! We thought it would be fun and helpful to share some of our favorite Disney+ movies and shows perfect for foodies!
To make it easier, we’ve broken this list down into 3 categories: movies, shorts, and shows. We are also providing a brief synopsis of each.
- Ratatouille- In one of Paris’ finest restaurants, Remy, a determined young rat, dreams of becoming a renowned French chef. Torn between his family’s wishes and his true calling, Remy and his pal Linguini set in motion a hilarious chain of events that turns the City of Lights upside down.
- Princess and the Frog- With a modern twist on a classic tale, this animated comedy is set in the great city of New Orleans. Featuring a beautiful girl named Tiana, a frog prince who desperately wants to be human again, and a fateful kiss that leads them both on a hilarious adventure through the mystical bayous of Louisiana.
- Heavyweights- A group of underdog kids discovers their beloved summer camp has been sold to a crazy fitness fanatic who’s determined to make their lives miserable! The new owner plans to keep the boys huffing and puffing, but these hungry kids have a plan of their own. They unite to turn the tables, take back their woodsy hideaway, and challenge the rival camp to the most outrageous summer games of all!
- Forky Asks a Question What is Cheese?- Buttercup, annoyed with all of Forky’s questions, speed teaches everything there is.
- Chef Donald- Donald is inspired by a radio program to make waffles but accidentally adds rubber cement to the batter resulting in so much havoc that he charges off to the radio station to give them a piece of his mind.
- Bao- A Chinese mom who’s sad when her grown son leaves home gets another chance at motherhood when one of her dumplings springs to life. But she finds nothing stays cute and small forever.
- Corn Chips- Donald tricks Chip ‘n Dale into shoveling snow for him while he goes into his house to make popcorn. The chipmunks outsmart him in the end, leaving Donald to shovel an entire box of popped popcorn out of his place!
- Small Fry- Buzz Lightyear is left behind at a fast-food restaurant. As Woody and the gang devise a way to rescue their friend, Buzz tries to escape a support group for discarded toys.
- Be Our Chef- Be Our Chef is a Disney inspired cooking competition series that invites diverse food-loving families to create themed dishes, all inspired by the magic of Disney.
- Wicked Tuna- Wicked Tuna follows a group of salty fishermen from the nation’s oldest seaport, Gloucester, Massachusetts, as they make their living the way it’s been done for centuries—rod and reel fishing, one catch at a time—all in pursuit of the bluefin tuna.
- First Class Chefs Family Style- First Class Chefs: Family Style is a cooking competition for the whole family! Each week teams of two family members go head to head to create a delicious and healthy dish.
- Gordon Ramsay: Uncharted- In the National Geographic series Gordon Ramsay: Uncharted, chef Gordon Ramsay journeys to some of the most incredible and remote locations on Earth in search of culinary inspiration, epic adventures, and cultural experiences he will never forget.
- World According to Jeff Goldblum (Ice Cream, BBQ, Coffee)- Through the prism of Jeff Goldblum’s always inquisitive and highly entertaining mind, nothing is as it seems in this new series. Each episode is centered around something we all love as Jeff pulls the thread on these deceptively familiar objects and unravels a wonderful world of astonishing connections, fascinating science and history, amazing people, and a whole lot of surprising big ideas and insights.
We hope this list helps you find something deliciously fun to watch! Want to make a night out of it? Check out our round-up of recipes inspired by movies featured on Disney+! Have you seen any of the movies, shorts, or shows listed here? What are your favorites? Let us know in the comments below!