Our recipe for Genie’s Fig Jam Cookies is a Paid Promotion for Walt Disney Studios’ Aladdin.
Earlier this summer Aladdin wowed audiences with its stunning visuals, catchy music, and fantastic cast. Now it is coming to home video which means it’s time to get ready with a new recipe! We’ve created a brand new recipe for Genie’s Fig Jam Cookies, inspired by one of our favorite scenes! Read on to grab our recipe and find out what treasures the home release of Aladdin holds!
“A thrilling and vibrant live-action adaptation of Disney’s animated classic, Aladdin is the exciting tale of the charming street rat Aladdin, the courageous and self-determined Princess Jasmine and the Genie who may be the key to their future. Directed by Guy Ritchie, who brings his singular flair for fast-paced, visceral action to the fictitious port city of Agrabah, Aladdin is written by John August and Ritchie based on Disney’s “Aladdin.” The film stars Will Smith as the Genie; Mena Massoud as Aladdin; Naomi Scott as Jasmine; Marwan Kenzari as Jafar; Navid Negahban as the Sultan; Nasim Pedrad as Dalia and Billy Magnussen as Prince Anders.”
Bonus features for Aladdin include*:
DIGITAL PRESELL BONUS:
- MAKE WAY FOR PRINCE ALI – Take a look at the gigantic design extravaganza that came together for this scene of Genie-sized proportions.
DIGITAL EXCLUSIVE BONUS:
- “SPEECHLESS”: CREATING A NEW SONG FOR JASMINE – Follow the story of Jasmine’s inspirational song “Speechless,” written by Alan Menken, Benj Pasek and Justin Paul especially for this version of “”
BLU-RAY & DIGITAL BONUS:
- ALADDIN’S VIDEO JOURNAL: A NEW FANTASTIC POINT OF VIEW – Watch behind-the-scenes moments captured by Mena Massoud (Aladdin) in this fun, fast-paced look at his personal journey.
- DELETED SONG – “DESERT MOON” – Experience a moving duet performed by Jasmine and Aladdin, fully shot and edited, with an introduction by Alan Menken.
- GUY RITCHIE: A CINEMATIC GENIE – Discover why director Guy Ritchie was the perfect filmmaker to tackle this exhilarating reimagining of a beloved classic.
- A FRIEND LIKE GENIE – Discover how Will Smith brings talent, experience and his own personal magic to the iconic role of Genie.
- DELETED SCENES
- Falling Petals Into OJ
- Jafar’s Magic Orrery
- Anders’ Gift
- Wrong Wishes
- Silly Old Fool
- Post Yam Jam Debrief
- BLOOPERS – Laugh along with the cast and crew in this lighthearted collection of outtakes from the set.
- MUSIC VIDEOS
- “Speechless” – Music video performed by Naomi Scott
- “A Whole New World” – Music video performed by ZAYN and Zhavia Ward
- “ A Whole New World” (“Un Mundo Ideal”) – Music video performed by ZAYN and Becky G.
*Bonus features may vary by retailer
As with our other Aladdin inspired recipe, we decided to create a dessert recipe. However, instead of taking inspiration from the song A Friend Like Me, we were inspired by the jam scene. We used fig jam/spread because it is thematically and regionally correct. A hint of cardamom in the dough also makes you feel as though you are in Agrabah!
We hope you love our Genie’s Fig Jam Cookies! They are sure to become one of your favorite wishes! Aladdin is now available on Digital in HD, 4K Ultra HD™ and Movies Anywhere and will be available physically on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray™ and DVD on Sept. 10th!
Celebrate the home release of Disney's live-action rendition of Aladdin with The Geeks' latest recipe for Genie's Fig Jam Cookies!
- 1 3/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Cardamom
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 sticks Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
- 2/3 cup Sugar, plus 1/4 cup more for rolling
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup Fig Jam/Spread
- In a small mixing bowl whisk flour, cardamom, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whip room temperature butter and 2/3 cup of sugar with a hand-held mixer until fluffy.
- Add in the egg and vanilla until just combined.
- Gradually add in the dry mixture.
- Mix until just incorporated.
- Roll mixture in 1 inch balls and roll in the 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Place dough a few inches apart on a parchment lined baking sheet. Press your thumb into the cookie making a small round indent about 1/2 inch deep.
- Place baking sheet in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to let dough chill.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Once chilled, fill each cookie with 1/2 to 3/4 tsp of fig jam.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow to cool and serve. (The jam will be very hot when coming out of the oven)
*This is a Paid Promotion for Walt Disney Studios’ Aladdin. All opinions are wholly our own. View our Disclosure Policy for more info.