Are you getting as excited for Halloween as we are? After our last recipe round-up featuring spooky starters, we asked if we should do cocktails or desserts next and the majority wanted cocktails! So here we are. We’ve rounded up every last one of our horror movie cocktails to make it easy for you to decide what to make for your Halloween Movie Night at Home! Not only that, we have an awesome giveaway at the bottom of this list, so be sure to check there for a chance to win an awesome prize!
- Hobb’s End Highball (In The Mouth of Madness)- This gin cocktail looks spooky, making a fun Halloween libation!
- Lone Starita (The Last Drive-In)– This beer cocktail is perfect for a more casual horror movie night with Joe Bob Briggs.
- Teddy’s Gin and Tonic and Happy Spookies Shot (Host)- Looking for a more serious buzz? This pairing will get you there quickly (just be sure to stay home after).
- The Invisible Man-hattan (The Invisible Man)- A classic cocktail for a classic horror movie.
- Rourke’s Fantasy (Fantasy Island)- Do you love tiki drinks meant for sharing? This one is for you!
- The Briny Deep (Underwater)- This is a cocktail for a more adventurous drinker but it is worth the effort.
- Silver Shamrock Shots (Halloween 3)- Who doesn’t love horror movie-themed shots?
- Spaulding’s Last Laugh (3 From Hell)- A tribute to Sid Haig, this cocktail utilized a unique agave spirit!
- May Queen Lemonade (Midsommar)- Be careful with this cocktail, it’s so good that you won’t realize how many you’ve had!
- Haggis’ Brew (Pumpkinhead)- The combo of rum and pumpkin spice are sure to become a seasonal favorite!
- The Survivor’s Celebration (Ready or Not)- Celebrating something? A spooky champagne cocktail is just what you need!
- Gator Grog (Crawl)- Are creature features your jam? How about a cocktail inspired by one?
- Church’s 9th Life (Pet Sematary)- We love Stephen King here at Geeks Who Eat Headquarters. This cocktail is not only inspired by Pet Sematary but his home state of Maine as well.
- Something Sinister (Us)- Like things spicy? Want to try your hand at upping your garnish game? This one is for you.
- War is Hell (Overlord)- If like Matthew, you enjoy all things bitter when it comes to cocktails, you need to try this Campari-centric drink.
- Miskatonic Reviver (Re-Animator)- We love this drink all year! We especially enjoy it during our hot Arizona summers.
- Wolfsbane Serum (Ginger Snaps 2: Unleased)- This recipe is not only one of our favorites, but also has a great interview with Dr. Rebekah McKendry!
- The Further (Insidious: The Last Key)- This Insidious cocktail is far easier to make than our photos were to shoot!
- The Sinking Feeling (47 Meters Down)- This is another one of those drinks that is a summer favorite. It is also a great way to dive into mezcal (pun intended).
- Bloody Marilyns (The Texas Chain Saw Massacre)- Horror brunch cocktails? Yes, please.
- Not Your Mother’s Cocoa (Friday the 13th)- Looking for something warm and comforting? How about boozy hot cocoa?
- Never Sleep Again (A Nightmare on Elm Street)- Coffee and mezcal are a thing, right? They are now!
- The Black Eyed Stickman (Blair Witch)- Our very first ever horror movie cocktail! This one definitely holds a place in our hearts.
Mocktails and Non-alcoholic drinks
- Sam’s Cider (Trick ‘r Treat)- Our first official mocktail, this mule substitute is seasonal AND delicious!
- Spirit Soothing Cider (Annabelle Comes Home)- This cider isn’t a mocktail but is still quite tasty and relaxing.
Have your own cocktail ideas? We have some tips about how to upgrade them inspired by Blumhouse’s Upgrade! In addition to this great resource for horror movie cocktails, we have an exciting giveaway! We are giving away a one-year subscription to our favorite horror streaming service, Shudder! All you have to do is submit your entry on the form below. The winner will be selected and notified next on Tuesday, October 27th. This is open to new and current subscribers. We have a few more Halloween treats on the way so be sure to check back!