Our recipe for Goat Cheese Seashell Bites is a Paid Promotion for Walt Disney Studios’ The Little Mermaid.
Whether you grew up in the 80s like us or have parents who did, The Little Mermaid is quite possibly the quintessential Disney movie. Released in 1989, it was the catalyst for what is known as the Disney Renaissance. When we were asked to create a recipe for the Walt Disney Signature Collection release of The Little Mermaid, we had to say yes! We were challenged to create a recipe that combined the storytelling and thematics of the film without using seafood. The result is our Goat Cheese Seashell Bites!
“The Little Mermaid tells the story of Princess Ariel, a curious and free-spirited mermaid who courageously follows her dreams and embarks on life-changing adventures to find what she truly treasures. From her home under the sea, Ariel longs to explore the wonders of the world above the waves. Determined to make her dreams come true, Ariel strikes a bargain with the evil sea witch Ursula and trades her beautiful voice so she can be part of the human world.”
The Walt Disney Signature Collection release of The Little Mermaid includes the following bonus features*:
BLU-RAY & DIGITAL
- Sing-Along Mode – Sing along to the movie in this sing-along version of the film.
- Alan Menken & the Leading Ladies Song – From the voice of a mermaid to the tunes of a muse, the music of Alan Menken has scored the soundtrack for some of Disney’s most iconic leading ladies. Join Alan, Jodi Benson (Ariel), Paige O’Hara (Belle), Judy Kuhn (Pocahontas Singing Voice), Lillias White (Calliope) and Donna Murphy (Mother Gothel)as we celebrate the music of their films in honor of the one that started it all … “The Little Mermaid.” In this discussion, the ladies will share their memories of musically creating their characters with Alan, discuss what it means to be part of the Disney Princess/leading lady legacy and create new memories as they sing with Alan around a baby grand piano.
- “What I Want From You…Is YOUR VOICE” – Enter the recording studio and get an inside look at the cast of “The Little Mermaid” in their original recording sessions.
- Stories From Walt’s Office – Gadgets & Gizmos – Like Ariel, Walt Disney was a collector of many different things from miniatures to early mechanical characters that inspired the invention of audio-animatronics. We take a look at some of the collections that Walt kept in his office in the third episode of this series.
- #TreasuresUntold – Join Ruby Rose Turner and Olivia Sanabia from the Disney Channel Original Series “Coop and Cami Ask the World” as they take a deep dive to explore some hidden treasures and fun facts about Disney’s “The Little Mermaid.”
- DCapella “Part of Your World” Music Video
- Classic Bonus Features – revisit four exciting bonus features from previous releases including:
- Deleted Character: Harold The Merman
- Under The Scene: The Art Of Live Action Reference
- Howard’s Lecture
- Audio Commentary With Ron Clements, John Musker, and Alan Menken
- “Part of Your World” – A 30-Year Retrospective – Songwriter Alan Menken and Jodi Benson, the acting and singing voice of Ariel, sing the epitome of Disney “I Want” songs “Part of Your World” and discuss its impact since it was first heard 30 years ago.
- Classic Bonus Features – Over 3 additional hours of previously released classic bonus features including Deleted Scenes, Easter Eggs, Music Videos and more!
*Bonus features may vary by retailer
Disney really knocks it out of the park with their bonus features on this release. Rather than succumbing to the minimal offerings that seem to be popular in the home release arena, The Little Mermaid is jam-packed with bonus features. The best of the offerings are the 30 Year Retrospective and Alan Menken & the Leading Ladies. Both are total nostalgia bombs and you’ll fall in love with the film all over again. We even teared up a bit during the Alan Menken feature.
Aside from the obvious visuals of the seashell, the inspiration for our Goat Cheese Seashell Bites came from the character of Chef Louie. We toyed with the idea of creating a Danish dish since that is where the story originates but they actually eat a fair amount of seafood! Therefore, we decided to take note from the chef of the film and his French roots. We created a dish that we felt Chef Louie might create for Ariel. We flavored our goat cheese with Herbes de Provence, giving just a bit of French flair!
We hope you love our Goat Cheese Seashell Bites inspired by The Little Mermaid. The Walt Disney Signature Collection release of The Little Mermaid is now available on Digital, 4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray so be sure to pick up your copy!
*This is a Paid Promotion for Walt Disney Studios’ The Little Mermaid. All opinions are wholly our own. View our Disclosure Policy for more info.