A few weeks ago we shared that we are participating in Phoenix Crowne Plaza’s Revenge of the Fifth event. As we mentioned, we created 2 brand new Star Wars themed cocktails for the event. Before we get to the recipes, we want to remind you of the fabulous giveaways for party attendees:
- One (1) Gift Certificate for a 3 night stay at the Crowne Plaza Phoenix Airport Hotel (May 25 – 28th 2017during Phoenix Comicon). Includes breakfast.
- One (1) Gift Certificate for Dinner for 2 at the Post (on-site restaurant) Includes tax & gratuity, does not include alcohol.
- One (1) Gift Certificate for a “Park, Stay & Go” package. Valid for a one (1) night stay (based on availability) with up to fourteen (14) days airport parking at the Crowne Plaza Phoenix Airport Hotel.
- Two (2) $50 certificates to Burger Theory (2 items)
Now for the cocktails! We created a cocktail for the Light side and one for the Dark side. For our Light side cocktail, The Limesaber, we used Dulce Vida Lime Tequila. Wanting to keep the lighter flavors of the cocktail we used pineapple juice and club soda. This makes it the perfect cocktail for the sands of Tatooine or just by the pool.
Our second cocktail is The Royal Guard. It is inspired by the Dark side, more specifically The Emperor’s Royal Guard. The base spirit for The Royal Guard is Grey Goose Le Citron. For this cocktail, we played with a traditional Cape Cod and added a bit of angostura and club soda for some extra flair.
The Limesaber and The Royal Guard are super easy to make, great for summer parties, and loosely inspired by Star Wars. What more could you ask for? Don’t forget, you can try them at Phoenix Crowne Plaza’s Revenge of Fifth party! RSVP now for FREE and bring a friend, you won’t want to miss it!
Fri, May 5, 2017
5:30 PM – 7:30 PM MST
All ages welcome, 21+ to drink.
Crowne Plaza Phoenix Airport Hotel is located at 4300 East Washington Street, Phoenix, AZ 85034
- 1.5 oz Dulce Vida Lime Tequila
- 1 oz Lime Juice
- 1 oz Pineapple Juice
- 0.75 oz 2:1 Simple
- Club Soda
- Jalapeno Slices
- 1.5 oz Grey Goose Le Citron Vodka
- 3.5 oz Cranberry Juice
- 0.5 oz Lime Juice
- 0.50 oz 2:1 Simple Syrup
- Generous dash Angostura Bitters
- Club Soda
- For both cocktails combine all ingredients in an ice filled shaker.
- Strain and pour over ice.
- Top with club soda.
- For The Limesaber: Add jalapeno slices before topping with club soda.
*The Geeks were compensated to facilitate this write-up; However, opinions are wholly our own. View our Disclosure Policy for more info.