Preiss Imports, a third-generation company specializing in the importing and marketing of international spirits, wines and culinary niche brands, has added the extremely limited Distiller’s Art collection to its award-winning portfolio. Produced by Hunter Laing & Co. Ltd., one of the most respected and trusted names in the Scotch whiskey industry, these single malts are chosen from rare bourbon and sherry casks, and bottled at the ideal maturation stage, unadulterated with caramel or chill-filtration, to showcase the character of a certain region or specific distillery.
Hunter Laing & Co. Ltd is a family company with more than three generations of experience in the industry, and an unrivaled pedigree as blenders and bottlers of the finest Scotch whisky. Stewart H. Laing, founder of Hunter Laing & Co. Ltd., first started working as a blender, and later as a bottler of some of the finest single-cask scotch whiskies. With nearly fifty years in the industry, Stewart learned the whisky business from the ground up before joining his father Frederick in the export business. The success of Hunter Laing & Co. Ltd. is due to Frederick Laing vision of purchasing and storing hundreds and hundreds of casks from distilleries all over Scotland, giving the company access to some of the most sought after Scotch Whiskey around.
All Distiller’s Age bottles are individually numbered, and range from 48%-58% alc./vol. Preiss Imports currently carries the following from the Distiller’s Age collection:
- Caol Ila Distillery 32-year-old, characterized by fresh peat, red apples and pepper.
- Bunnahabhain Distillery 27-year-old, sweet and complex on the nose with menthol, vanilla and pineapple. Strawberries, sandalwood and old books on the palate leading to a lingering finish with fruit and satisfying hints of oak.
- Girvan Distillery 25-year-old, flavors of licorice, dark fruits and a sense of old books.
- Macallan Distillery 23-year-old, rich and sweet Speyside malt. Nose full of fruit: oranges, green apples with caramel notes. Great malt delivery on the palate showing milk chocolate, dried fruits and pepper. Long and warming finish with lingering spice.
- Craigellachie Distillery 20-year-old (Sherry Cask), a sweet and full bodied nose with custard, apples and rhubarb crumble. Fruity and spicy on the palate with plums, raspberries and cinnamon followed by a medium length finish of fruit and toffee.
- Blair Athol Distillery 20-year-old (Sherry Cask), nose is rich and fruity, with caramel and sherry notes. Full-bodied mouth-feel, sweet with toffee and raisins. The finish is long, warming, sweet, leading to a hint of oak.
- Glengoyne Distillery 20-year-old, floral on the nose with orange and vanilla. Soft in the mouth with summer fruits and some green apples, followed by a long finish with a touch of drying oak.
- North British Distillery 19-year-old (American Standard Barrel), distinct in malted barley, sweet toffee. A long lingering finish.
- Benrinnes Distillery 18-year-old (Sherry Cask), nose is sweet and mellow, showing butter toffee. Flavors of vanilla fudge, dark chocolate and citrus peel. The finish is medium-long, slightly nutty, with a hint of ginger.
- Laphroaig Distillery 15-year-old (Sherry Cask), nose of peat and bonfire ash with a hint of lemon. Multifaceted palate showing peat smoke, pepper, ash and iodine. Mellow, long finish with lingering peat.
- Benrinnes Distillery 7-year-old, sweet, herbal and oily on the nose with fruit and spice on the palate. A long, satisfying finish with a hint of sandalwood.
Preiss Import’s full portfolio of products are available at specialty spirit and wine shops in most key U.S. markets. Gourmet specialties available for purchase online at http://hpsepicurean.com/shop/. Find more information about Preiss Imports and their products at www.hpsepicurean.com. Follow Preiss Imports on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.