Ferraro’s Italian Restaurant & Wine Bar’s newest menu items prove hearty, authentic Italian food can feel indulgent—but be genuinely healthy. Its fall offerings showcase not only savory seasonal ingredients, such as butternut squash, chestnuts and hazelnuts, but also feature a brand-new vegan menu and “paleo pasta.” Executive Chef Francesco DiCaudo, trained in Italy’s traditional methods but energized by his Millennial generation’s sense of responsibility to the planet and to good health, created each of the new dishes:
- Chickpea mousse served with chickpea fritters, capers and tomato soffrito
- Salad of tomatoes, avocado, red onion, almonds, extra virgin olive oil and house dressing
- Arugula salad with fennel, cherry tomatoes, pine nuts and house dressing
Vegan Main Courses:
- Mushroom risotto, extra virgin olive oil and herb emulsion
- House-made sweet potato and chickpea gnocchi with garlic, rapini and Calabrian peppers
- Grilled vegetable mix with figs, balsamic reduction and micro greens
Fettuccine pasta made in-house with almonds, arrowroot, tapioca and eggs served with either aglio e olio (garlic and oil), Pomodoro (tomato) or Bolognese (meat sauce). Paleo foods are generally recognized as those that are grain-free, dairy-free, gluten-free and unprocessed.
Ferraro’s proudly serves Certified European Standard meat: Silver Fern Farms Angus Beef and Hermy Spanish Rabbit. The following dishes incorporate this meat, which is grass-fed, free-range or pasture-raised with no hormones and no antibiotics:
- Coniglio Brasato – one of Ferraro’s most popular dishes, this braised rabbit is served with soft polenta and roasted mushrooms.
- Filetto di Manzo – seared 8-ounce tenderloin served with royal trumpet mushrooms, salsify and black garlic.
- Costata di Manzo – porcini powder-rubbed 1-pound ribeye with sautéed onions, artichokes and potato.
Other New Fall Dishes:
- Burrata d’Andria – Apulia soft mozzarella cheese, butternut squash, pepitas, duck prosciutto and hazelnut dressing
- Gamberi e Panelle – Jumbo shrimp, chickpea fritters and chickpea passatina (puree), guanciale and rosemary
- Branzino – Grilled Mediterranean sea bass, porcini mushrooms, sweet potato and fig jus
- Pollo al Forno – Roasted, free-range boneless half chicken, maitake mushrooms, tiny sweet peppers, almond gremolata
- Ravioli di Zucca – Small-pocket butternut squash ravioli, chestnut and fontina cheese
In addition to presenting the most authentic, imaginative and all-around best Italian food in Las Vegas, under the direction of owner Gino Ferraro, the restaurant’s award-winning wine selection places offers an uncommonly broad and deep range of Italian wines. Varieties include Barolo from Bartolo Mascarello, Bruno Giacosa and Giacomo Conterno; Barbaresco from Marchese dei Gresy and Produttori del Barbaresco; Brunello from Biondi Santi; Amarone from Bertani, Montepulciano d’Abruzzo from Emidio Pepe and many, many more. Ferraro’s has been recognized with Wine Spectator’s “Best of Award of Excellence” and the Wine Enthusiast award.
For more information or to make reservations, please call (702) 364-5300.
ABOUT FERRARO’S ITALIAN RESTAURANT & WINE BAR
As Las Vegas’ longest running, family-owned and operated restaurant offering authentic Italian cuisine in a fine-dining atmosphere, Ferraro’s Italian Restaurant & Wine Bar has offered guests a five-star experience since 1985. Specializing in freshly made pastas and sauces, legendary osso buco, savory risottos, expertly prepared all-natural meats, Safe Harbor® seafood, as well as an extensive award-winning wine list, Ferraro’s is famous for its attention to detail, welcoming environment and passion for food that runs in the family. The Ferraro family members devote themselves to ensuring each guest has a memorable experience, whether for lunch, dinner, late-night or private parties and events. Open Monday through Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 2 a.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 4 p.m. to 2 a.m. Ferraro’s is located at 4480 Paradise Road, Las Vegas, Nevada 89169 (across the street from the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas). For reservations, call (702) 364-5300. For more information, find on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.