It’s May 1st which means Phoenix Fan Fusion is THIS MONTH! Where has the time gone?! As we have done in past years, we have put together three guides for this years con! First up, we have rounded up 12 exhibitors and guests that are perfect for foodies!
- Billy Dee Williams– (Booth H112)- You’re probably confused as to why we included Billy Dee Williams on a list for foodies. Well Lando Calrissian inspired one of our first recipes, The Shando Calrissian!
- Sam Sykes– As we mentioned in last year’s post Sam is the author of Boom Studios’ Brave Chef Brianna! Brave Chef Brianna is a story about budding chef Brianna Jakobsson, who’s trying to impress her father but whose best and only customers are monsters. (Check your schedule for panel and signing times)
- Kevin Eastman– Kevin Eastman is a bit of a stretch, however, the guy created characters who love pizza. Not only that, but there is actually a Ninja Turtles Cookbook!(Check your schedule for panel and signing times)
- Legendary Loot Drop– You might recognize Legendary Loot Drop from our Game of Thrones inspired High Garden Salad recipe. Danie makes a ton of amazing products aside from cutting boards. She will also have California artist, Annie Hobbs at her booth! (Booth H716)
- 8-Bit Aleworks– 8-Bit Aleworks is a craft microbrewery located in Avondale, AZ with a retro-gaming theme. Founded by Ryan and Krystina Whitten, a husband and wife team, 8-Bit opened in May of 2015 and is a production style facility. Located in an industrial complex, the brewery focuses on creating unique and refreshing craft beer in small batches. The brewery includes an attached tasting room which seats 46 guests and offers NES, Super Nintento, arcade cabinets (Gravitrex & X-Men) and tabletop games for guests to enjoy. (Booth 372)
- Cobra Arcade Bar– Cobra Arcade Bar in Phoenix is 21+. They’re located in Downtown Phoenix near the convention center and ballpark. They offer a collection of rotating arcade games, DJs, and food trucks. (Booth 410)
- Moto’s Glass– Moto’s Glass is a small business that likes serving the geek and nerd communities with hand sandblast etched glassware. They have over 600 designs and don’t charge extra for custom work. They have everything from wine glasses to tumblers to decanters. (Booth 361)
- Nerdy Novelty Design– Nerdy Novelty Design is perfect for the geeky home cook. She sells some of the most adorable pot holders and oven mitts you will ever see. From Harry Potter to Supernatural, there is a fandom for everyone. (Booth 155)
- Pixy Cakes– Looking for something to quell your sweet tooth while wandering around con? Pixy Cakes will be there with cupcakes, cake pops, and more! Who doesn’t love a little sugar as an afternoon pick me up! (Booth 999)
- Asher Bee– We met Asher last year at con. Her Fauna Fruit art pieces are absolutely adorable! They sell out quickly so be sure to head there early for the best selection! (Booth A200,A202)
- John Layman– John Layman is the creator, writer, and letterer of CHEW, the New York Times best-selling, Harvey Award and multi-EAward-winninginning cannibal cop comedy series from Image Comics. If you love horror and food, you need to check it out! (Booth A2013)
- Wild Bill’s Olde Fashioned Soda Pop Co.– One of the biggest hits of last year’s con was Wild Bill’s. The great thing about their soda is if you buy a mug you get free refills the day of purchase. Additionally, each day is only $6 per day for refills. Your cup is also usable for any future event they are at! (Booth 1797,1799,H1234,H1232,601,700)
We are so excited for Phoenix Fan Fusion! Let us know if there are any other exhibitors or guests with food ties that you’d like to see on this list!
About Phoenix Fan Fusion
Phoenix Fan Fusion is a multigenre entertainment and comic book convention held annually in Phoenix, Arizona. It was founded as the Phoenix Cactus Comicon in June 2002 and originally consisted of a one-day six-hour event held in Ahwatukee, Arizona. Phoenix Fan Fusion plays host to comic related panels, programming events, art contests, and autograph signings for all ages. It is a four-day event (Thursday-Sunday) held during the summer at the Phoenix Convention Center in downtown Phoenix.