It is no secret that October is our favorite month and Halloween our favorite holiday. However, we don’t only love horror. We love all things spooky. This includes The Addams Family. Having grown up with the movies in the 90s, we were extremely excited to hear that there is a new animated movie coming out! We thought it would be fun to put together a guide with some tips on putting together spooky appetizers in a snap!
“Get ready to snap your fingers! The first family of Halloween, the Addams Family, is back on the big screen in the first animated comedy about the kookiest family on the block. Funny, outlandish, and completely iconic, the Addams Family redefines what it means to be a good neighbor.”
So you decided to throw together a Halloween party last minute. Maybe you aren’t the best cook. How do you make appetizers that aren’t a ton of work but will still impress your guests? We have some tips!
How to Put Together Spooky Appetizers in a Snap!
- Use pre-made appetizers like quiches and pizza bites. You can make these creepy and kooky by adding creme fraiche or pesto spider webs and/or olive bugs.
- Buy already hard-boiled eggs for deviled eggs. This will save you time from having to cook and cool your eggs before preparing them. You can make them look like creepy eyeballs by adding green olives.
- Lil Smokies make excellent severed toes. Before you cook them, remove a small piece of the skin for the toenail and make a couple of slices to look like a knuckle.
- Pre-made dip in a creepy cauldron sets the mood. You can find cauldrons at a variety of stores. Michaels seems to be currently the best value at around $3 each.
- Charcuterie should include a nice bleu cheese. The mold (the good kind) adds a fun bit of spookiness. Not to mention, bleu cheese is delicious. If you have hesitant guests, try serving it with a bit of honey.
- Decorate sweets with themed decorations. If you choose to serve sweets, buy pre-frosted cupcakes and cookies and decorate them with Halloween themed sprinkles.
All of these tips can also be used on homemade recipes as well so if you are feeling a little adventurous you can try making your own versions of the above mentioned pre-made items.
Now that you have ideas for quick and spooky appetizers, here is some more fun! We are giving away a family four-pack of VIP Advanced Screening Passes to an advanced showing of The Addams Family! The showing will be held at Harkins Tempe Marketplace on Wednesday, October 9th. The screening starts at 7:00 pm and the winners should arrive at 6:15 in order to guarantee their seating. Winners will be selected on Tuesday, October 8th. Good luck! Also, tell us your favorite member of The Addams Family in the comments below!
a Rafflecopter giveaway