Portillo’s, the restaurant brand known for its menu of Chicago-style favorites, announces two new additions to its Shop & Ship offerings: nationwide delivery of its famous Chocolate Cake, and a new subscription service, Portillo’s 365.
One of the brand’s most iconic menu items, Portillo’s World Famous Chocolate Cake was previously only available in restaurants. The new Shop & Ship offering features two pre-baked chocolate cake layers, and a do-it-yourself icing kit, complete with frosting and a spatula.
The perfect holiday gift, Portillo’s 365 offers a rotating selection of Portillo’s favorite dishes delivered every other month, anywhere in the country. Customers can purchase a subscription for $365 – or just a $1 a day – saving over $40 versus buying each package individually. Subscribers receive the following items:
- January: One deluxe package of Italian Beef Sandwiches slow-roasted, thinly sliced beef cooked with Italian spices and served on French bread (makes 8 sandwiches per package)
- March: One 10-pack of Chicago-Style Hot Dogs, topped with customary mustard, onions, relish, sport peppers, tomato, pickle, and celery salt
- May: Two slabs of Portillo’s award-winning Ribs, tender baby back slabs marinated in Portillo’s housemade sauce
- July: One deluxe package of Italian Beef Sandwiches slow-roasted, thinly sliced beef cooked with Italian spices and served on French bread (makes 8 sandwiches per package)
- September: One 10-pack of Chicago-Style Hot Dogs, topped with customary mustard, onions, relish, sport peppers, tomato, pickle, and celery salt
- November: One famous Chocolate Cake, with do-it-yourself frosting
For the upcoming holiday season, we wanted to give Portillo’s fans a new way to enjoy their favorite menu items,” says Portillo’s CEO Keith Kinsey. “The additions to our Shop & Ship service make it easier than ever for our customers to relish Portillo’s year-round, regardless if they live near one of our locations.”
Guests can place an order for Portillo’s 365 or any of Portillo’s Shop & Ship items by visiting Portillos.com.
In 1963, Dick Portillo invested $1,100 into a small trailer to open the first Portillo’s hot dog stand in Villa Park, IL, which he called “The Dog House.” 53 years later, Portillo’s has grown to include restaurants in more than 40 locations across several states. Portillo’s is best known for its Chicago-style hot dogs, Italian beef sandwiches, char-grilled burgers, fresh salads and famous chocolate cake. The Portillo’s brand also includes Barnelli’s restaurants that serve award-winning ribs, pastas with homemade sauces, and fresh sandwiches, soups, and salads. Portillo’s ships food to all 50 states via Portillos.com. Portillo’s Home Kitchen is the company’s fast-growing catering business.