It happens every few years, Christmukkah the time when the 8-day celebration of Chanukah coincides with the week of Christmas through New Years. Arizona’s New York deli, Chompie’s, has announced its holiday menus offering traditional, made from scratch dishes for both celebrations. Chompie’s holiday menus for Chanukah and Christmas feature take-away family meals, sides, and desserts. The restaurant’s five Valley locations will also have dine-in plates and will be open on Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Festive Chanukah Dinner In Your Home
Chompie’s uses the Borenstein’s family recipes to create a Chanukah meal available to enjoy in your home with your family. The $149- meal generously serves 8 and includes:
- Matzo Ball Soup
- Choice of sliced Beef Brisket or Roasted Chicken
- Choice of two sides (latkes, roasted potatoes, homestyle green beans, and a broccoli-carrot medley)
- Lovey Borenstein’s Holiday Dessert (apple and cherry strudel).
For those who want to supplement their family meals, the restaurant’s Chanukah favorites are also available for take-away by the pint, pound or piece. These include:
- Raisin Challah Bread ($6.50)
- Jewish Rye Bread ($4.99)
- Matzo Ball Soup ($8.99 / qt)
- Homemade Brisket Gravy ($3.99 / pt)
- Applesauce ($4.99 / pt)
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes ($4.99 / lb)
- Black & Whites ($5.99 / 6 pack)
- Chocolate Bobka ($8.99)
- Chanukah Cookies ($2.25 each)
Traditional Holiday Meals
Chompie’s can prepare your Christmas dinner for dine-in or take away. A take-away family meal is available for pre-order as are sides and desserts. The meals serve 12 people and include a whole oven roasted turkey, fixings, sides and pie.
- The Traditional Full Meal Package (serves 12-15 generously) – $209.99
- Holiday Dinner (for dine in or to go) – $18.99 per person / $9.99 for children under 10
- Extra Large Whole Oven Roasted Turkey – $99.99 * Carved for $124.99
- Fresh Baked Apple or Pumpkin Pies – $12.95 ea.
- Fresh Baked Deluxe Pies – $14.95 ea
- Homemade Stuffing – $6.99 / lb
- Matzo Ball Soup – $8.99 / qt
- Candied Yams – $5.99 / lb
Christmukkah Dine In Menu
Available December 24 – January 1
The dine-in Christmas and Chanukah dinner includes soup or salad, an entrée choice of turkey breast with stuffing and cranberry relish, beef brisket with gravy, stuffed cabbage rolls, filet of salmon or Chicken Schnitzel, two sides, rolls and dessert. It is $20.99 per person and $10.49 for children under 10. It is available every day from December 24 – January 1 from 11 am – close.
Chompie’s Open Christmas and New Year’s Day
Chompie’s will be open throughout the holidays for guest to dine in or pick up orders.
- Christmas Eve Day: 6 am – 8 pm (Tempe closes at 3pm)
- Christmas Day: 7 am – 9 pm (Tempe closes at 3pm)
- New Year’s Eve Day: 6 am – 7 pm (Tempe closes at 3pm)
- New Year’s Day: 7 am – 9 pm
For full take away and dine in menus visit Chompie’s online at www.chompies.com.
Chompie’s New York-style delicatessen, restaurant, bagel factory, bakery, and caterer has served the Valley since 1979 with mouthwatering breakfast-all-day, lunch, and dinner 7-days a week. For menus, location and more, visit www.chompies.com or on Facebook at facebook.com/Chompiesdeli.
- Scottsdale: 9301 E. Shea Blvd., Scottsdale 85260 // 480-860-0475
- Tempe: 1160 E. University, Tempe 85281 // 480-557-0700
- Phoenix: 4550-324 E. Cactus Rd., Phoenix 85032 // 602-710-2910
- Chandler: 3481 W. Frye Rd., Chandler 85226 // 480-398-3008
- Glendale: 7700 W. Arrowhead Towne Center #1145 // 623-344-3104