It’s the holiday season! That means you’re incredibly busy running around getting your last minute shopping done, attending parties, and who knows what else. We understand that the struggle is real. Therefore, for our December recipe for Phoenix Public Market we wanted to do something fairly quick to prepare and easy! Our recipe for Roasted Veggie and Hummus Vegan Nachos are just that, quick, easy, and above all, delicious!
While wandering around Phoenix Public Market looking for inspiration, we were struck by these gorgeous mini eggplants. We aren’t typically fans of eggplant, but these called to us. What could we do with them? We walked past the Doctor Hummus booth and it hit us. We would do nachos of some sort. In these recipes, we will generally use a majority of ingredients found at the market. We prefer nacho style cheese for nachos, so that was out. Then it became clear, hummus!
This combination of pita chips, hummus, and eggplant for our Roasted Veggie and Hummus Vegan Nachos needed something. We chose to use the Rosemary Pita Chips to add a bit more seasoning. To round out the veggies, we added zucchini, tomato, and shallots. All of these wonderful ingredients combined created our fantastic Roasted Veggie Hummus Vegan Nachos!
We hope you all enjoyed this recipe as much as we enjoyed creating it! 2017 will bring a ton of great new things to our site and this segment is no different! We’ll be kicking off next year with a slow cooker chili recipe, so stay tuned! Until next time! Happy Shopping!
- 1 zucchini; cut into half moons 1/4 inch thick
- 1 large tomato; quartered
- 1 large shallot; cut into rings
- 3 mini eggplants; cubed
- 2.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic seasoning (We used Ryan Alaris Zesty Garlic)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz container Kalamata Olive Hummus (we used Doctor Hummus)
- 13 oz container Seasoned Pita Chips (we used Doctor Hummus Rosemary Pita Chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pull hummus out of the refrigerator to warm up a bit.
- Scatter chopped veggies on baking sheet.
- Toss vegetables with oil, garlic seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Cook for 30 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Increase oven temperature to 425 degrees.
- Cook for 10 more minutes, checking to make sure the vegetables don't burn.
- Arrange pita chips on plate.
- Top with hummus, followed by roasted veggies.
*The Geeks have partnered with Phoenix Public Market for monthly recipes and have received Market Bucks to use towards the ingredients in this recipe; All opinions are wholly our own. View our Disclosure Policy for more info.