October and the spooky season isn’t always about Halloween and horror. Sometimes it needs to be a bit more family-friendly. That brings Disney villains to mind. Speaking of, Maleficent: Mistress of Evil is coming to theaters this month so we knew we had to create a new recipe for it. Our Mistress of Evil Milkshake is the perfect treat to celebrate one of Disney’s most iconic villains.
Maleficent: Mistress of Evil is a fantasy adventure that picks up several years after Maleficent. In that film, audiences learned of the events that hardened the heart of Disney’s most notorious villain and drove her to curse a baby Princess Aurora. Maleficent: Mistress of Evil continues to explore the complex relationship between the horned fairy and the soon to be Queen. It follows them as they form new alliances and face new adversaries in their struggle to protect the moors and the magical creatures that reside within.”
The theming of our Mistress of Evil Milkshakes is primarily decorative. We really wanted to focus on the film’s dark color palette. Not only that, but Maleficent’s character design also came into play. To execute that, we used dark chocolate to recreate her horns as well as dark chocolate frosting to decorate the rim of the glass. The result is a villainous and delicious dessert!
Now that you have a fantastically evil dessert recipe, here is your opportunity to see the movie that inspired it! We are giving away 5 Family 4-Packs of VIP Advanced Screening Passes to an advanced showing of Maleficent: Mistress of the Dark! The showing will be held at Harkins Arizona Mills IMAX on Tuesday, October 15th. The screening starts at 7 pm and the winners should arrive at 6:15 in order to guarantee their seating. Winners will be selected on Monday, October 14th. Good luck! Also, let us know what other Disney recipes you’d like to see us create in the comments below!
Inspired by the release of Maleficent: Mistress of Evil, The Geeks have created a recipe for a deliciously dark dessert called Mistress of Evil Milkshakes.
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Meltables
- 4 cups Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- 2 cups of Milk
- Chocolate Frosting
- Black and Green Sugar Crystal Sprinkles
- Maleficent Stencil (see the stencil below the recipe)
- Line the rim of each glass with a thin layer of chocolate frosting.
- Sprinkle with the black and green sugar sprinkles.
- Set aside in the refrigerator to chill.
- Print stencil shown here.
- Place stencil on a baking sheet and top with parchment paper.
- Melt your meltables per package instruction.
- Using a bottle or plastic sandwich bag with the end cut off, trace the stencil and fill it partially.
- Use a toothpick to spread the chocolate to each edge.
- Place in the freezer to set.
- Once the chocolate is set, combine the ice cream and milk in the blender and blend until combined.
- Take glasses out of the refrigerator and carefully pour the milkshake into each glass.
- Top with a set of chocolate Maleficent horns.