Phoenix Comicon is almost here! If you are like us, you are probably already looking at the schedule and are trying to figure out just what panels you want to see. Well, we’ve made it easy for our fellow foodies. We’ve rounded up a list of all the food-related panels we could find! You can bet we’ll be hitting some of these!
- Anime Anonymous presents The Macho Café (Friday May 26, 2017 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm, Saturday May 27, 2017 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm)- Anime Anonymous and the Macho Men present an afternoon of snacks and entertainment! Inspired by the popular Macho Café in Japan, we aim to bring you the full muscle filled experience. The Macho Men have prepared their whole lives for this day, and are ready to serve up their favorite snacks and sculpted muscles. The Macho Men love interacting with customers and showing off their own unique talents. Come on in, take a break from the convention, and be dazzled by our muscled men in tight fit workout outfits. $10 pre-registration, $15 at the door including food or $10 at the door without food option. Hyatt Regency Ballroom CD
- Steeped in Tradition: The Science of Coffee and Tea (Friday May 26, 2017 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm)- It’s hard to cross the street without passing at least one coffee and/or tea shop. Why are these beverages so popular? Learn the science behind everyone’s favorite caffeine delivery mechanisms. North 132BC
- Drinks with Authors and Creators (18+) (Friday May 26, 2017 8:00 pm to 11:30 pm)- Join authors and other creators for a glass or two in an informal setting. We’ll have door prizes, giveaways and raffles to support Kids Need To Read. Cost is $10 to attend. North 120CD
- Baking Bad: The Science of Cooking (Friday May 26, 2017 9:00 pm to 10:00 pm)- Why does searing food make it taste so much better? What the heck is the difference between baking powder and baking soda? In this panel, experts will discuss what different cooking techniques actually do to the food we love…mmmm food, yummy yummy food. North 132A
- Anime Anonymous presents The Karaoke Idol Café (Saturday May 27, 2017 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm, Sunday May 28, 2017 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm)- Anime Anonymous Karaoke Idols presents an afternoon of snacks and karaoke! This Japanese inspired café has taken the two best things from Akihabara and combined them together, Maid Cafés and Idols! During this café, guests will be served with a smile by the cute Karaoke Idols and crew of Anime Anonymous. The Idols will entertain by performing karaoke songs and dances alongside our guests. Stop in, relax and join us for some café fun with songs and dance. $10 pre-registration, $15 at the door including food or $10 at the door without food option. Hyatt Regency Ballroom CD
- Ghosts Who Dine at AZ’s Haunted Restaurants and Cafes (Saturday May 27, 2017 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm)- For anyone who has ever wondered where they can dine with a ghost. Take this haunted tour from the comfort of your chair with The MVD Ghostchasers as they tell the tales of Arizona’s most haunted eating establishments. See what’s on the menu for your next ghostly adventure! Bone Appetit! North 131A
This is just some of the wonderful panel offerings that will be at this year’s Phoenix Comicon. If you know of a panel or event you’d like added to this list please let us know and we will add it! Also, this year, the Phoenix Comicon App is fully functional! This means you can add these panels and more to your schedule (along with reminders) on your smartphone! It is available for Apple and Android phones.
About Phoenix Comicon
Phoenix Comicon is a multigenre entertainment and comic book convention held annually in Phoenix, Arizona. It was founded as the Phoenix Cactus Comicon in June 2002 and originally consisted of a one-day six-hour event held in Ahwatukee, Arizona. PCC plays host to comic related panels, programming events, art contests, and autograph signings for all ages. It is a four-day event (Thursday-Sunday) held during the summer at the Phoenix Convention Center in downtown Phoenix.