The boredom of the pandemic is real! However, our friends over at Mixtape Massacre have come up with a temporary solution with their virtual Mixtape Madness event! We’ve come up with a fun recipe for Tall Oaks Tea Sandwiches which are perfect for a macabre evening in Tall Oaks!
“Mixtape Massacre is a tabletop board game where up to 6 players play as slasher archetypes and compete in a fictional 1986 killing spree to be remembered. Mixtape Massacre was started as a passion project for our team and is heavily inspired by the horror genre and the 80’s – a decade we love. Even better, it was Kickstarted by the horror community and fans.”
This weekend, Mixtape Massacre will be hosting Mixtape Madness, a fun event for fans to enjoy at home while socially distancing. Below are the details:
- You’ll need a copy of Mixtape Massacre (no expansions, no sequels, just the base game). They recommend you’ve played a few times before Mixtape Madness so you know the basics.
- At 9 PM EST, September 26th, press play on the Mixtape Madness video on their YouTube Channel.
- You’ll start and play your game as you normally would, but the video will be running in the background.
- From time to time, a short scene will come on that will interrupt the game and stop everyone from current playing. They’re calling these “interruptions.” The scene will play out on screen and new rules or events will be introduced at the end of them that slightly change the gameplay for a short while. This will continue through the rest of the night until the game ends.
- They’ll also be offering prizes and giveaways throughout the night that you can enter to win on Twitter and Instagram, simply by answering questions or posting pictures with your group.
For our Tall Oaks Tea Sandwiches, we’ve come up with 3 different sandwich combinations. One is for omnivores, one for vegetarians, and one for vegans. A good rule of thumb for a game night or party is to make sure that no matter what dietary restrictions. Don’t let the name fool you though, these pair well with a variety of beverages, not just tea!
We hope you enjoy our Tall Oaks Tea Sandwiches! Be sure to check back because we have a TON of new Halloween content coming to the blog! Also, if you haven’t already, be sure to check out Final Girls Feast, a new podcast all about horror movies and food!
Looking for a macabre snack perfect for a Mixtape Massacre game night? The Geeks have created a recipe for Tall Oak Tea Sandwiches that are perfect for a night of gaming!
- Marble Rye Bread
- Maple Honey Ham (sliced thin)
- Gouda (sliced thin)
- Whole Seed Mustard
- Multi-grain Whole Wheat Bread
- Egg Salad (you can make your own or buy pre-made)
- Micro Arugula
- Country White Bread
- Miyoko's Savory Scallion Cultured Vegan Cream Cheese
- Upland Cress
- Cut out bread using the Slasher Knife cookie cutter (or whatever horror cookie cutter you have on hand.
- Place toppings on the bottom slice of bread.
- Top with another slice of bread.
The 3D Printer file for the Slasher Knife cookie cutter can be found here.
*The Geeks were not compensated or given any comped items to facilitate this write-up; Opinions and recipe are wholly our own. View our Disclosure Policy for more info.