Phoenix Comic Fest is just a few days away! Where did the time go? Are you still trying to decide where you want to eat? Well, we have 5 options that we think are pretty amazing. This year we’ve even included a couple vegan options! How much do we love our choices? Well, it’s likely that we will end up eating at one these places.
- Cornish Pasty Co.– If you haven’t heard of Cornish Pasty Co. you’re missing out! Their Phoenix location opened last year, allowing Con-goers the option enjoy the delicious assortment of pasties offered. If you have vegans or vegetarians in your group, this is a fantastic place to go. However, we are really fond of the Bangers and Mash Pasty and the Peppered Beef Pasty.
- Dust Cutter– The recently renovated Dust Cutter is located in the Renaissance Hotel. During Con they will be offering 4 specialty cocktails inspired by some of your favorite comics. In addition to the themed cocktails they will be offering their standard menu. The Native Three Sisters Tacos are a solid choice and definitely delicious (they are vegetarian too)!
- The Kettle Black– During our research for this post we happened to drive past The Kettle Black. We are glad we did! The Kettle Black offers a gastro pub style menu with burgers, sandwiches, and more. We tried a few things but the standouts for us were the Bavarian Pretzel and the Buffalo Chicken Fries. Both are really tasty and perfect for sharing!
- Vegan House– Looking for a vegan option? Vegan House offers a plethora of different vegan options. This even includes vegan seafood and shrimp! We tried the “Shrimp” Salad and were surprised at how much it tasted like seafood. Their list of curries also looked amazing!
- Cartel Coffee– Hate those long lines at Starbucks? Head over to Cartel Coffee. Not only will you be supporting a local coffee shop but between us, it tastes so much better! Not only that, their iced tea and baked goods are out of this world!
We hope our guide helps you out during your time at Con! Where are some of your favorite places to eat during Phoenix Comic Fest? We’d love to know! Feel free to tweet us during Phoenix Comic Fest for more food suggestions and dining tips! We’d also love to see your food pictures from the weekend! Leave a comment below or use the hashtag #GeekEats!