Our recipe for Blossom’s Blueberry Bark is a Paid Promotion for Nickelodeon’s The Smurfs.
Did you grow up watching The Smurfs? As 80s kids, we totally did! So when Nickelodeon reached out and asked us to create a recipe for a new iteration of one of our childhood favorites we had to say yes! We came up with a recipe for Blossom’s Blueberry Bark, named after one of the new characters! Read on to find out more!
“The blue crew returns to Smurf village in a brand-new series on Nickelodeon, The Smurfs! Get ready to adventure with Smurfette, Papa Smurf, Gargamel, and more in nine fun-filled episodes!”
The inspiration for our Blossom’s Blueberry Bark came from one of the new characters featured in this iteration of The Smurfs. According to her official description, “Smurfblossom is an enthusiastic and joyful hyperactive ball of energy. She never met a Smurf she didn’t like. She’s the walking, talking definition of “spunky” with her candy-sweet, bubbly personality.” With that in mind, we wanted to create a sweet snack that was bright and vibrant. We added blueberries to it since they reminded us of smurfberries!
We hope you enjoy our recipe for Blossom’s Blueberry Bark! The Smurfs: Season 1 Volume 1 is now available on DVD! Be sure to pick up your copy now! Who is your favorite smurf? Let us know in the comments below!
Inspired by the newest iteration of The Smurfs, The Geeks have created Blossom's Blueberry Bark inspired by one of the new characters.
- 6 oz Light Blue Candy Melts
- 4 oz Confetti Candy Melts (White with pastel sprinkles)
- 4 oz Pastel Pink Candy Melts
- 4 oz Pastel Yellow Candy Melts
- 2 oz Dark Blue Candy Melts
- Light Blue Sprinkles
- Icing Flowers
- Dried Blueberries
- Melt candy melts in separate bowls.
- Spread melted light blue melts on a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Drop spoonfuls of the other candy melts on top.
- Swirl with a skewer.
- Top with dried blueberries, sprinkles, and icing flowers.
- Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Break bark into large pieces.
*This is a Paid Promotion for Nickelodeon’s The Smurfs. All opinions are wholly our own. View our Disclosure Policy for more info.