Hey everybody have you heard the news?! Joe Bob is back for the 4th season of The Last Drive-In on Shudder! Of course as Silver Bolo Award Winners, we couldn’t let this momentous occasion pass without creating a new recipe. However, after our Twitter poll yielded results we weren’t excited about, we decided to give our readers what they want as well as create the recipe we really wanted. Therefore, we are excited to share out Habanero Pickle Dip and Shots pairing!
“The season premiere of The Last Drive-In will feature Joe Bob’s 100th movie he’s hosted on Shudder, in the nearly four years since the first The Last Drive-In Marathon. Proving once again that “the drive-in will never die,” iconic horror host and exploitation movie aficionado Joe Bob Briggs is back with a new season. Every week, The Last Drive-In series offers an eclectic pairing of films, running the gamut from horror classics to obscurities and international cult favorites. And from time to time, special surprise guests will drop in on Joe Bob and Darcy the Mail Girl.”
So how did we get here? Well, here at Geeks Who Eat headquarters, we love pickles and spicy food. When our readers asked for a cocktail, we honestly had already thought of doing a dip recipe. But why pickles and why habanero? Pickles reminded us of a drive-in type snack and in our interview with Joe Bob himself, we recommended Yellowbird Habanero Hot Sauce. We took the love of both of these things and created a pickle dip as well as an infused vodka shot using Texas’ very own Tito’s Vodka. We had done shots of habanero vodka in the past and they were served with a pickle juice chaser so we decided to eliminate a step and combine them. These shots are spicy though, you’ve been warned!
We hope you enjoy our newest Habanero Pickle Pairing! Don’t forget, new episodes of The Last Drive-In will air weekly on Fridays at 9pm EST live on Shudder TV and are available on-demand on Shudder and AMC+ the following Sunday. See you at the Drive-In!
In celebration of the 4th season of The Last Drive-In, The Geeks have put together a pairing of Habanero Pickle Dip and Shots!
- 1 cup Cream Cheese
- 1 cup finely shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 6 Spicy Dill Pickles (We used Grillo's), sliced into bite sized pieces
- Yellowbird Habanero Hot Sauce
- 1 750ml bottle of Tito's Vodka
- 1-3 Habaneros, sliced (We used 3 and it was really hot!)
- Pickle juice
- In a large drink container with a lid combine vodka and sliced habaneros.
- Shake well.
- Check your vodka every 30-60 minutes to see if it's at your desired heat level. (We let ours sit for 3 hours which made it extremely hot.)
- Strain and funnel back into the original vodka bottle.
- While vodka is sitting, combine all pickle dip ingredients except the hot sauce in a large bowl.
- Stir and make sure it's well mixed.
- Refrigerate covered for several hours to allow flavors to meld.
- Serve the dip with Lowrey's Bacon Curls or your choice of veggie/cracker/chip.
- To serve the shots: pour half a standard shot glass full of vodka and top with pickle juice.
This vodka is extremely spicy! Drink with caution!
*The Geeks were not compensated or given any comped items to facilitate this write-up; Opinions and recipes are wholly our own. View our Disclosure Policy for more info.