Breakfast in bed, an underrated Valentine’s Day treat. There is something to be said for this luxury. Since February is the month of love and Valentine’s Day, we wanted to share a recipe that could be used for breakfast in bed. Our Chocolate Strawberry French Toast is the perfect way to celebrate! Not only are you showing someone a bit of love, you are also showing local love because these ingredients all come from Phoenix Public Market!
When creating the recipe for our Chocolate Strawberry French Toast we were inspired by the gorgeous Cocoa Marble Bread from Euro Cuisine. To really sweeten the deal, we paired it with some delicious strawberry jam from Jerusalem Bakery. The result is a decadently sweet french toast that will suit all of your breakfast in bed needs. Both fruit lovers and chocolate lovers will find something to delight in with this recipe.
What will you be doing for Valentine’s Day? Be sure to head over to Phoenix Public Market this weekend to get the ingredients for this recipe and surprise that special someone with breakfast in bed! Happy Valentine’s Day!
- 1 loaf Cocoa Marble Bread
- 4 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 4 tbsp Butter
- Strawberry Preserves to top
- Powdered Sugar (if desired)
- Slice bread into 8 even slices.
- Combine eggs, sugar, cinnamon, milk, vanilla, and nutmeg in a shallow bowl.
- Heat butter in a large frying pan.
- Dip bread into egg mixture coating both sides.
- Fry in pan until golden on both sides. (Do not crowd your pan)
- Serve with strawberry preserves and powdered sugar.
*The Geeks have partnered with Phoenix Public Market for monthly recipes and have received Market Bucks to use towards the ingredients in this recipe; All opinions are wholly our own. View our Disclosure Policy for more info.