Happy Shark Week! We had so much fun creating our Shark Week inspired round-up that we decided to come up with a recipe for one of our favorite shark movies, Deep Blue Sea! We’ve recreated Preacher’s Perfect Omelet! We are also participating in a giveaway and Live Tweet event with Certified Forgotten so read on for details (and of course a delicious omelet recipe).
In Deep Blue Sea, “on an island research facility, Dr. Susan McAlester (Saffron Burrows) is harvesting the brain tissue of DNA-altered sharks as a possible cure for Alzheimer’s disease. When the facility’s backers send an executive (Samuel L. Jackson) to investigate the experiments, a routine procedure goes awry and a shark starts attacking the researchers. Now, with sharks outnumbering their human captors, McAlester and her team must figure out a way to stop them from escaping to the ocean and breeding.”
The inspiration for our omelet comes from a scene in Deep Blue Sea in which LL Cool J’s character discusses how to make the perfect omelet. What we learn is that it requires 2 eggs (not 3) and no milk. We went further than this and researched which add-ins would boost brain power (we aren’t into genetic modification like the scientists in the movie). We came up with spinach and salmon. We also added fresh dill and onion because both are delicious with salmon and eggs. The result of this recipe is one of the fluffiest omelets you’ll ever eat and it is pretty healthy as well!
We hope you try out Preacher’s Perfect Omelet! As we mentioned, we’ve teamed up with Certified Forgotten for their Live Tweet Event of Deep Blue Sea 3! They will be live-tweeting as they watch the film this Saturday (8/15) at 5 pm PST. More details can be found about the giveaway here. If you aren’t already, be sure to follow us on Twitter for more fun giveaways and contests! Happy Shark Week!
Inspired by Deep Blue Sea, The Geeks have created a recipe for Preacher's Perfect Omelet referencing the one made by LL Cool J's character.
- 2 Eggs
- 1 oz Smoked Salmon, roughly chopped
- 1 cup Fresh Spinach, cut using the chiffonade method
- 2 tbsp Green Onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp Fresh Dill, chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- Separate your egg yolks and egg whites in 2 separate bowls.
- Whisk the egg yolks with the dill, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks have formed.
- Fold the egg yolks carefully into the egg whites.
- Melt butter in your frying pan over medium heat.
- Using a spatula, spoon egg mixture into your pan.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes and then add the salmon, spinach, and onions.
- Cover and cook for 3-5 more minutes until eggs are golden.
- Carefully flip the top of your omelet.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Do not add the mix-ins to your eggs when mixing them. This will make your fluffy eggs deflate.
*The Geeks were not compensated or given any comped items to facilitate this write-up; Opinions and recipe are wholly our own. View our Disclosure Policy for more info.