One thing you may not know about us is that despite our love of horror movies and action films, we love a good family movie. Lucky for us (and you), we have a couple recipes for some great family films coming up. The first of these recipes is for Paddington 2. For this movie we’ve created a fun and adorable (but super easy) recipe for Marmalade Tea Sandwiches.
Paddington 2 finds Paddington settled in with the Brown Family. “While searching for the perfect present for his beloved Aunt Lucy’s hundredth birthday, Paddington sees a unique pop-up book in Mr. Gruber’s antique shop, and embarks upon a series of odd jobs to buy it. But when the book is stolen, it’s up to Paddington and the Browns to unmask the thief.”
This recipe basically created itself. Paddington loves marmalade and learned from his Uncle Pastuzo to always keep a marmalade sandwich in his hat for an emergency. Therefore, it stood to reason that we should create a marmalade sandwich recipe. To make it a little more unique, we found a couple cookie cutters that helped elevate them to more than just sandwiches.
Always shaking things up, we’re doing things a bit differently this time! Normally, we giveaway screening tickets for movies, however, this time we are giving away 6 Family 4 Packs of Fandango Passes AND 6 Prize Packs (prizes will vary depending on availability) which means you can see Paddington 2, anywhere in the U.S., at any time, until Thursday, February 8th, up to $12 a person! The winner will be chosen on Wednesday, January 17th, so you’ll need to enter quickly! Good luck!
- 1 loaf Country White Bread
- 1 jar Orange Marmalade (We used Robertson's Golden Shredless)
- Jar Shaped Cookie Cutter (We got ours at Michaels)
- Small Bear Shaped Cookie Cutter (We also purchased this one at Michaels)
- Using the jar cookie cutter, cut a jar shape out of each slice of bread.
- On half of the slices, cut a bear out of the jar.
- While you are cutting the shapes, place cut slices under a damp paper towel. (This will keep them from drying out)
- On the slices without the bear cut out, spread a layer of marmalade.
- Top with bread with bear cut out.
*The Geeks received no compensation to facilitate this write-up; opinions are wholly our own. Run of Engagement tickets provided by Allied Marketing. View our Disclosure Policy for more info.
One Reply to “Marmalade Tea Sandwiches: A Paddington 2 Inspired Recipe”
Printing another recipe to try out later 😀 😀 😀