This past weekend we mentioned we’d be creating a few recipes for family friendly titles. Up next is a recipe inspired by Trolls: The Beat Goes On! We really loved the Trolls movie and the Holiday Special, so when we heard that Netflix and Dreamworks were creating a show, we knew we wanted to create a recipe! You wouldn’t believe how many Trolls inspired recipes already exist! However, we didn’t find a recipe for what we felt was obvious, toast! That being said, we’ve got a fun new recipe, Trolls Toast!
“Trolls: The Beat Goes On! is an all-new chapter in the endlessly upbeat adventures of DreamWorks Trolls, as Poppy, Branch and all of Troll Village keep the dance party raving in their fantastical forest home. Picking up where the blockbuster film left off, the Trolls are settling into a new era with Poppy as Queen. Bursting with their signature positivity, irreverence and a whole lotta original music, Trolls: The Beat Goes On! opens up the colorful world of Trolls for new adventures and a dance party around every corner, only on Netflix!”
The inspiration for this recipe came from not only Poppy and Branch’s appearance, but also the show’s theme song Hair Up in the Air. We knew we really wanted do create a recipe that looked like hair but didn’t use cotton candy. That’s when the idea for toast came in. With unicorn toast and mermaid toast being super popular, we figured that Troll Toast could totally be a thing! What’s also fun about this recipe is that it is completely customizable (especially with all of the variations of sprinkles available)! Brunch will be way more exciting with fun, glittery, decorated toast!
We hope you enjoy our recipe for Trolls Toast! Be sure to check out Trolls: The Beat Goes On! now on Netflix!
- 1 load of sliced Brioche Bread
- 1 tub whipped Strawberry Cream Cheese
- 1 tub whipped Blueberry Cream Cheese
- 1 tube Pink Sparkle Gel Icing
- 1 tube Blue Sparkle Gel Icing
- Pink and White Pearl Dust
- Sprinkles to decorate
- Allow time for your cream cheese to soften a bit.
- Toast your bread.
- Allow to cool and cut into the shape of the Trolls' hair. (We did this free hand.)
- Mix a little bit of pearl dust to your cream cheese to achieve desired color. (The color will be pretty subtle. You can add a few drops of food coloring if desired, we didn't.)
- To achieve a marbleized look with your cream cheese add a few dollops to your bread and then gently spread to knife.
- Add decor and more pearl dust as desired.
- To stand up on a plate, apply a bit of cream cheese to the plate and place the toast in it upright.
*The Geeks were not compensated or given any comped items to facilitate this write-up; Opinions and recipe are wholly our own. Images were used with permission. All opinions are wholly our own. View our Disclosure Policy for more info.