We’ve said it time and time again, we love horror movies! James Wan is one of our all time favorite horror producers (and writer and director for that matter). When we heard he was returning to produce Annabelle: Creation we were super excited! With Annabelle being a possessed doll, we thought what better inspiration for a recipe than a tea party? Thus, we are happy to share our Cherry Almond Tea Cakes recipe!
In Annabelle: Creation we return to the cinematic universe of The Conjuring 1 and 2 and Annabelle. “Several years after the tragic death of their little girl, a dollmaker and his wife welcome a nun and several girls from a shuttered orphanage into their home, soon becoming the target of the dollmaker´s possessed creation, Annabelle.”
As we mentioned earlier, we took a lot of inspiration for this recipe from a child’s tea party. There is a scene in Annabelle: Creation where one of the characters is having one with her dolls. These mini tea cakes are just the right size. No cutting required, just a few deliciously sweet bites. Our tea cakes are sure to please kids and adults alike.
Now for the part you’ve been waiting for! We are giving away five pairs of advanced screening tickets for a sneak preview of Annabelle: Creation! The showing will be held at Harkins Tempe Marketplace on Tuesday, August 8th. The screening starts at 7 pm and the winners should arrive at 6:20 in order to guarantee their seating. Winners will be selected on Monday, August 7th. Good luck!
- Cooking Spray
- 1 box White Cake Mix
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 + 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 1/3 cups Water
- 1/8 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Almond Extract
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 4 large Egg Whites
- 1/2 cup Dried Cherries; roughly chopped
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 12 fresh Cherries; cut in half and pitted
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Spray baking pans with cooking spray and flour
- Place all dry ingredients (except dried cherries) in a large mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Add the wet ingredients and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Stir in dried cherries.
- Pour into greased and floured pans, filling each pan a little over half full.
- Tap cake pans on counter to bring air bubbles to top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes (check at 15 minutes).
- Allow to cool on cooling racks.
- Mix powdered sugar, vanilla and milk, 1 tbsp at a time, until spreadable (mixture will thicken slightly as it sets).
- Drizzle icing over each cake and top with a cherry half.
- Serve with tea.
*The Geeks received no compensation to facilitate this write-up; opinions are wholly our own. Screening tickets provided by Allied Marketing. View our Disclosure Policy for more info.
3 Replies to “Cherry Almond Tea Cakes: An Annabelle: Creation Inspired Recipe”