The Super Bowl is once again upon us! Whether you’re a huge sports fan or a connoisseur of commercials (like us), there is one unifying thing at any good Super Bowl party, the food. Last year we shared a couple recipes with you. This year however, we really wanted to share some recipes that will bring the geek to your Super Bowl party.
Below are 8 geeky recipes that are sure to please:
- All the Meats Sliders– BBQ is always a sure fire thing at a Super Bowl Party as it reminds your guests of tailgating! These sliders inspired by Leatherface are jam packed with delicious smoked meat and smoky bbq sauce.
- Aquaman’s Lobster Cups– Looking for something a little lighter? Our Aquaman’s Lobster Cups recipe has a great balance of texture and bright flavor.
- Feta and Puff Pastry Stars– We love puff pastry! It is easy to make a stunning looking appetizer with very little effort. These Feta and Puff Pastry Stars are no exception!
- TIE Striker Appetizers– Lil Smokies and Super Bowl go together like peanut butter and jelly. Therefore, we couldn’t leave out our TIE Striker Appetizers. They are a bit more labor intensive but so worth it.
- Samara’s Sweet Potatoes– How do you make potato skins geeky? You don’t! Our Samara’s Sweet Potatoes will be a welcome change of pace at the snack table!
- Curry Carrot Hummus– We wanted to throw in a vegan recipe just in case. Luckily, we recently did this recipe for Peter Rabbit and it’s really fantastic. The flavors of the curry and coconut cream will wow your crowd, vegan or not.
- Awesome Mix Trail Mix– Chips are an obvious snack at the big game. Heck, we love them and serve them. Looking for a little change? Our Guardian’s of the Galaxy Vol. 2 inspired Awesome Mix Trail Mix combines pretzels, popcorn and more. It’s well… Awesome!
- Hydra Schnitzel Sliders– Who doesn’t love to have something fried? Our Hydra Schnitzel Sliders are delightfully crispy but the tangy lemon caper aioli takes them to the next level!
We hope that you try one or all of our recipes this Sunday! What do you do for Game Day? Do you serve something special at your Super Bowl Party? We’d love to hear all about it! Leave a comment below or tag us using the hashtag #GeekEats! Here’s hoping you have a fun filled party and may there be great commercials!