Can you believe it is already May? That means grilling season is just about here! This month, our recipe for Phoenix Public Market is perfect for just that. We’ve come up with some delicious Grilled Cajun Veggie Kabobs! These kabobs are a great side for meat eaters or can be served as an entree for vegans and vegetarians.
For this month’s recipe, we were inspired by all of the new summer produce coming into the market. We selected squash and onions from Crooked Sky Farms and tomatoes from Abby Lee Farms. We seasoned it with Cajun seasoning from Carefree Spice Company. The great thing about these veggie kabobs aside from being easy is that they are customizable to your taste. You can add or remove any vegetables you don’t care for.
With summer just about here, the produce at Phoenix Public Market is changing! Be sure to visit and check out all of the seasonal goodies while you are picking up the ingredients for our Grilled Cajun Veggie Kabobs. Remember Phoenix Public Market stays open all year! During the summer they have misters and shade as well as earlier hours. This means you can beat the heat and still shop locally! Next month we are planning a chicken recipe you won’t want to miss!
- 1 small to medium Zucchini; cut into rings 1/2 inch thick
- 1 small to medium Yellow Summer Squash; cut into rings 1/2 inch thick
- 8 Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/2 medium Red Onion; cut into 8 chunks
- Olive Oil or Cooking Spray
- 1 tbsp Carefree Cajun Spice Blend
- Place cut vegetables on skewers alternating squash, tomato, squash, onion.
- Brush or spray vegetables with oil/cooking spray.
- Sprinkle both sides of the skewer with Cajun seasoning.
- Grill on each side until tender being careful not to burn the vegetables.
*The Geeks have partnered with Phoenix Public Market for monthly recipes and have received Market Bucks to use towards the ingredients in this recipe. All opinions are wholly our own. View our Disclosure Policy for more info.