Our BB-8 Bruschetta recipe is a Paid Promotion for Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi.
We promised you two recipes for Star Wars: The Last Jedi, so here is our second one! Our typical style for recipes is a more literal type of recipe. However, similar to our Crait-Cakes, we have another fun recipe that is more design based. This time we are celebrating one of our favorite characters of the film. Our BB-8 Bruschetta is sure to impress not only the kiddos but adults as well!
In Star Wars: The Last Jedi, “With the destruction of the Republic, the evil First Order reigns. Now, Supreme Leader Snoke looks to crush what’s left of the Resistance and cement his grip on the galaxy. But hope survives: Rey has found Luke Skywalker, a legendary Jedi Master who can change the tide of war.”
Curious as to which extras are included with the Blu-ray release of Star Wars: The Last Jedi? We were too! Here is what is offered (Special Features on the digital release will vary by retailer):
- The Director and the Jedi – Go deep behind the scenes with writer-director Rian Johnson on an intimate and personal journey through the production of the movie—and experience what it’s like to helm a global franchise and cultural phenomenon.
- Balance of the Force – Explore the mythology of the Force and why Rian Johnson chose to interpret its role in such a unique way.
- Scene Breakdowns
- Lighting the Spark: Creating the Space Battle – Get a close-up look at the epic space battle, from the sounds that help propel the action, through the practical and visual effects, to the characters who bring it all to life.
- Snoke and Mirrors – Motion capture and Star Wars collide as the filmmakers take us through the detailed process of creating the movie’s malevolent master villain.
- Showdown on Crait – Break down everything that went into creating the stunning world seen in the movie’s final confrontation, including the interplay between real-word locations and visual effects, reimagining the walkers, designing the crystal foxes, and much more.
- Andy Serkis Live! (One Night Only) – Writer-director Rian Johnson presents two exclusive sequences from the movie featuring Andy Serkis’ riveting, raw on-set performance before his digital makeover into Snoke.
- Deleted Scenes – With an introduction and optional commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
- Audio Commentary – View the movie with in-depth feature audio commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
But let’s get to what you came for, the food! Breakfast meets bruschetta with this BB-8 Bruschetta! In this recipe, BB stands for Bagel Bruschetta. These tasty little treats combine the best parts of an everything bagel, veggies, and everyone’s favorite BB Series Astromech Droid! If everything bagel seasoning isn’t your thing, you can easily switch it out for black sesame seeds.
We hope you love these adorable BB-8 Bruschetta! Star Wars: The Last Jedi is out now on Digital HD and Blu-ray! Be sure to check out our other recipe for Crait-Cakes!
- 1 French Style Baguette (the rounder the better)
- ½ cup Whipped Cream Cheese
- Mini Orange Bell Peppers (the amount will depend on their size, but 4-5 should do)
- Sliced Black Olives (amount will vary but each Bruschetta will use about 2 olive slices)
- Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Vertically slice your baguette into ¾ inch slices.
- Slice mini bell peppers into thin rings for BB-8’s orange rings.
- Cut a few of the rings into halves or thirds for the half rings and for the top of BB-8’s head.
- Slice half of the olives in half both widthwise and lengthwise for the black link on the bottom of BB-8’s head.
- To construct the base, cut one slice of baguette in half and using a toothpick connect the half to a full slice.
- Repeat until you’ve created the desired amount of bruschetta.
- Top each BB-8 with a thin layer of cream cheese.
- For the body: place a full mini bell pepper ring in the center and a partial ring on both sides near the top. Fill the rings with a pinch of everything bagel seasoning.
- For the head: Place a sliver of mini bell pepper at the top. Next line the bottom of his head with the sliced black olives. Place a whole olive slice for the eye (we used the end pieces so the cream cheese doesn’t show).
*This is a Paid Promotion for Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi; We were also provided with an advanced copy for research purposes. All opinions are wholly our own. View our Disclosure Policy for more info.