Our recipe for Squashed Banana Smoothies is a Paid Promotion for Walt Disney Studios’ The Lion King.
The Lion King was such a huge part of our childhood. This year, after 25 years, Disney released a live action version of the movie with a star studded cast. We were so excited when we were asked to create a new recipe for the digital and home release, that we just had to say yes! We’ve created a new smoothie recipe called The Squashed Banana Smoothie!
“Disney’s The Lion King directed by Jon Favreau (“The Jungle Book”), journeys to the African savanna where a future king is born. Simba idolizes his father, King Mufasa, and takes to heart his own royal destiny. But not everyone in the kingdom celebrates the new cub’s arrival. Scar, Mufasa’s brother—and former heir to the throne—has plans of his own. The battle for Pride Rock is ravaged with betrayal, tragedy, and drama, ultimately resulting in Simba’s exile. With help from a curious pair of newfound friends, Simba will have to figure out how to grow up and take back what is rightfully his.”
Bonus features for the Lion King include*:
- Perfecting the Pride – Join the filmmakers on their research trip to Africa as they immerse themselves in the real world of “The Lion King.” From the animals in the pride, to the smallest of insects and the grasslands in the savanna, experience the attention to detail that brought the film to life.Di
- Pride Lands Pedia —Dung beetle shares the importance of his “roll” in the African Savanna in a fun, bug’s eye view of the land its inhabitants.
BLU-RAY & DIGITAL BONUS:
- The Journey to “The Lion King” –
- The Music – Go inside the studio with the cast and crew as they work to honor and elevate The Lion King’s beloved music.
- The Magic – Discover how the filmmakers blended the traditional filmmaking techniques with virtual reality technology to create amazing movie magic.
- The Timeless Tale – Filmmakers and cast reflect on the story that has moved generations and share how this Lion King carries a proud legacy forward.
- More to Be Scene – Recording studio and layer-by-layer progressions of some of most iconic moments in “The Lion King.”
- “Circle of Life” – Peel back the layers of effects and go behind the scenes of this iconic musical moment from the film
- “I Just Can’t Wait to Be King” – See all the effects, talent and fun that went into creating this vibrant version of “I Just Can’t Wait to Be King” for the movie
- “Hakuna Matata” – Join Donald Glover (Simba), Seth Rogen (Pumbaa) and Billy Eichner (Timon) in the studio for the making of this memorable scene.
- Music Videos
- “Never Too Late” (lyric video) by Elton John
- “Spirit” performed by Beyoncé Knowles-Carter
- Filmmaker Introduction
- Audio Commentary – By Director Jon Favreau.
- Song Selection
- “Circle of Life”
- “I Just Can’t Wait to be King”
- “Be Prepared”
- “Hakuna Matata”
- “The Lion Sleeps Tonight”
- “Never Too Late”
- Protect the Pride –Director Jon Favreau, the Lion Recovery Fund and conservationists highlight efforts to protect the majestic lions and their home.
If it weren’t obvious, the inspiration for our smoothie comes from the character of Rafiki! We were inspired by the chant he sings! Also, we wanted to utilizes spices from the region like cardamom. The resulting smoothie is a delicious snack or breakfast! You’ll definitely want to try it out!
We hope you’ll go bananas for our Squashed Banana Smoothie! The Lion King is available now on Digital 4K Ultra HD and Movies Anywhere and will be available on 4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray on October 17th!
*This is a Paid Promotion for Walt Disney Studios’ The Lion King. All opinions are wholly our own. View our Disclosure Policy for more info.