Our recipe for Mother Ginger Crinkle Cookies is a Paid Promotion for Walt Disney Studios’ The Nutcracker and the Four Realms.
The holidays may be over, but that doesn’t mean there can’t still be a bit of holiday magic left over. One of the films we wanted to create a recipe for this past Christmas was The Nutcracker and the Four Realms. Due to circumstances beyond our control, we were unable to. So when Walt Disney Studios reached out and asked as to create a cookie recipe for the film we couldn’t say no! Our Mother Ginger Crinkle Cookies are the perfect treat to cozy up with for a movie night at home! Read through the post to find out how you could win a digital copy of The Nutcracker and the Four Realms for your very own movie night!
In The Nutcracker and the Four Realms, “all Clara (Mackenzie Foy) wants is a key – a one-of-a-kind key that will unlock a box that holds a priceless gift. A golden thread, presented to her at godfather Drosselmeyer’s (Morgan Freeman) annual holiday party, leads her to the coveted key—which promptly disappears into a strange and mysterious parallel world. It’s there that Clara encounters a soldier named Phillip (Jayden Fowora-Knight), a gang of mice and the regents who preside over three Realms: Land of Snowflakes, Land of Flowers and Land of Sweets. Clara and Phillip must brave the ominous Fourth Realm, home to the tyrant Mother Ginger (Helen Mirren), to retrieve Clara’s key and hopefully return harmony to the unstable world.”
The home release of The Nutcracker and the Four Realms includes the following bonus features:
- On Pointe: A Conversation with Misty Copeland – Copeland shares the thrill of portraying one of her favorite characters in a whole new way.
- Unwrapping “The Nutcracker and the Four Realms” – Dive into the production design, sets, costumes and more that helped transform a beloved ballet into an adventurous movie.
- Deleted Scenes –
- The Stahlbaums Arrive– As the Stahlbaums enter the Christmas Eve ball, the butler attempts to announce them to the assembled guests.
- Follow Your Ribbon- Drosselmeyer encourages a reluctant Clara to go find her gift.
- Deleted Scene: Clara Asks About Her Mother– Sugar Plum gives Clara a tour of her mother’s bedroom.
- Left, Left, Left, Left, Left– Wandering lost in the forest, palace guards Cavalier and Harlequin quarrel about which way to go.
- Out with the Old– Sugar Plum makes sweeping changes to the palace decor.
- Music Videos–
- “Fall on Me” Performed by Andrea Bocelli Featuring Matteo Bocelli– Experience superstar tenor Andrea Bocelli and his son Matteo Bocelli performing their first duet together in this uplifting song.
- “The Nutcracker Suite” Performed by Lang Lang– Get swept up in a series of images from the movie, set to Tchaikovsky’s music and featuring world-renowned pianist Lang Lang.
- Unwrapped: The Visual Effects of “The Nutcracker and the Four Realms”– View a reel that explores the layers of effects in sequences of the film
We love bonus features in general and these are no exception. We really enjoyed all of the bonus features, especially the interview with Misty Copeland.
The inspiration for our Mother Ginger Crinkle Cookies comes from Helen Mirren’s character. Crinkle cookies are the perfect representation of her face. The mice and orange peel curls are also part of her character visually. Be prepared though, these cookies are not only visually striking but are addicting as well! You won’t want to stop eating them!
We hope you love our recipe inspired by The Nutcracker and the Four Realms! The Nutcracker and the Four Realms is available now on Digital HD and Blu-ray! Now, as promised, we have a bit of fun! We are giving away 5 digital copies of The Nutcracker and the Four Realms! Be sure to enter below. The winners will be chosen next Tuesday! Good Luck!
*This is a Paid Promotion for Walt Disney Studios’ The Nutcracker and the Four Realms. All opinions are wholly our own. Giveaway digital copies of The Nutcracker and the Four Realms provided by Fingerpaint Marketing. View our Disclosure Policy for more info.