It is starting to finally feel like the holidays here in Arizona and one of this holiday season’s most anticipated movies is Walt Disney Studios’ Frozen 2! Admittedly, I was not initially in love with Frozen but it has really grown on me, especially after Olaf’s Frozen Adventure was released. That being said I’m beyond excited for Frozen 2. Of course, in all my excitement I knew we had to create a recipe and we came up with a gorgeous and festive recipe for Arendelle Spice Cake.
“Why was Elsa born with magical powers? The answer is calling her and threatening her kingdom. Together with Anna, Kristoff, Olaf, and Sven, she’ll set out on a dangerous but remarkable journey. In “Frozen,” Elsa feared her powers were too much for the world. In “Frozen 2,” she must hope they are enough.”
So why a cake? Well if I am going to be honest, we chose cake because of all of the amazing Frozen 2 merch. Nordicware put out an amazing cake pan and a series of spatulas inspired by the movie. I adore not only the results of Nordicware pans but then pans themselves. Therefore, it had to be cake. We chose spice cake, apples, and cranberries because of the fall theming of the movie. Blue luster dust adds a bit of extra magic to your cake as well.
Now that you have a dish straight out of Arendelle, here is your opportunity to see the movie that inspired it! We are giving away 5 Family 4-Packs of VIP Advanced Screening Passes to an advanced showing of Frozen 2! The showing will be held at Harkins Tempe Marketplace on Tuesday, November 19th. The screening starts at 7 pm and the winners should arrive at 6:15 in order to guarantee their seating. Winners will be selected on Monday, November 18th. Good luck! Also, let us know what other Disney recipes you’d like to see us create in the comments below!
Inspired by Disney's latest animated feature, Frozen 2, The Geeks have created a recipe for Arendelle Spice Cake which is not only delicious, but perfect for the holiday season!
- 1 box of Spice Cake Mix (we used Betty Crocker Delights Super Moist Spice Cake which also called for 1 c. Water, 1/2 c. Vegetable Oil, and 3 Eggs)
- 1/4 cup Chopped Dehydrated Apple
- 1/4 cup Craisins
- Butter (for greasing your pan)
- Cocoa Powder (for dusting your pan)
- Powdered Sugar
- Blue Luster Dust
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease your cake pan(s) with butter and dust with cocoa powder.
- Set aside.
- Dust your fruit with cocoa powder or cake mix and set aside.
- Follow the package/recipe instructions for your cake batter.
- Once prepared, stir in the dried fruit.
- Pour batter into greased cake pan(s).
- Bake for 38-43 minutes depending on your oven.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
- Once cool, dust with powdered sugar.
- After the sugar, dust with blue luster dust.
If you don't have cocoa, you can dust your pans with flour. The cocoa provides a darker color which doesn't show on the cake after removing from the pan.