One of the most anticipated movies of 2019 is about to make its debut next week! IT: Chapter 2 is finally making its way into theaters and we couldn’t be more excited. 2 years ago we created a recipe for You’ll Float Too Floats inspired by the first film and now we’ve got a new recipe to follow up with. Not only that but we have a great giveaway!
In IT: Chapter 2, “twenty-seven years after the Losers Club defeated Pennywise, he has returned to terrorize the town of Derry once more. Now adults, the Losers have long since gone their separate ways. However, people are disappearing again, so Mike, the only one of the group to remain in their hometown, calls the others home. Damaged by the experiences of their past, they must each conquer their deepest fears to destroy Pennywise once and for all…putting them directly in the path of the shape-shifting clown that has become deadlier than ever.”
When coming up with the recipe we were given some hints about some of the locations of events in the film. Believe it or not, we still haven’t seen any full-length trailers for the film. With one of the scenes taking place at Derry Canal Days, we thought it would be fun to tackle the carnival food angle. With their powdered sugar and red berry sauces, funnel cakes seemed like an obvious choice. Not only that but they are pretty easy to make.
In addition to our tasty Derry Canal Days Funnel Cakes recipe, we are giving away 5 pairs of VIP Advanced Screening Passes to an advanced showing of IT: Chapter 2! The showing will be held at IMAX Arizona Mills on Tuesday, September 3rd. The screening starts at 7 pm and the winners should arrive at 6:15 in order to guarantee their seating. Winners will be selected on Friday, August 30th. Good luck!
In order to get ready for what promises to be one of the scariest movies of the year, The Geeks have created a recipe for Derry Canal Days Funnel Cakes, inspired by IT: Chapter 2.
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 cup Reduced Fat Milk
- 1 cup Water
- 3/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- Powdered Sugar
- Raspberry or Strawberry Dessert Sauce (It just has to be red)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs.
- Add milk, water and vanilla and whisk until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add flour mixture into egg mixture and combine until smooth.
- Preheat a cast iron pan or skillet with oil to 375 degrees.
- Cover the bottom of a funnel spout with your finger (if you don't have a funnel you can use a liquid measuring cup).
- Pour 1/4 cup batter into the funnel.
- Hold the funnel above the oil and release your finger.
- Move the funnel in a spiral motion until all the batter is in the oil.
- Fry each side until they are golden brown.
- Set each funnel cake on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Using a small strainer, dust with powdered sugar and drizzle with your desired sauce.
*The Geeks received no compensation to facilitate this write-up; opinions are wholly our own. Advanced Screening Passes provided by Allied Marketing. View our Disclosure Policy for more info.