Deadites rejoice! We have been gifted with another entry into the Evil Dead franchise! This time, it’s Lee Cronin’s Evil Dead Rise! With all of the food featured in the film and its trailer, we absolutely couldn’t let this movie pass without creating something for it. Therefore, we are excited to share our recipe for Deadite Leg-uini!
In Evil Dead Rise, “two sisters find an ancient book that gives birth to bloodthirsty demons that run amok in a Los Angeles apartment building and thrusts them into a primal battle for survival as they face the most nightmarish version of family imaginable.”
The inspiration for this recipe came from the fact that eggs and a cheese grater are prominently featured in Evil Dead Rise. We found some red chili pepper pasta that had more of a skin tone than regular linguini (both work). This combined with sun-dried tomato (which looks like bits of a leg), you have a perfectly delicious gross-out meal.
We hope you decide to dig into our latest recipe inspired by Evil Dead Rise! Don’t forget we also have a recipe for Necronominoms inspired by Ash vs Evil Dead. As if all that wasn’t incredible enough, on behalf of Warner Brothers Pictures, we are giving away 5 pairs of Fandango codes to see Evil Dead Rise in theaters! For your chance to win a pair, head over to our Twitter and follow the instructions there! Winners will be selected and notified by the end of the day on Friday, April 21st. Good luck!
Inspired by Evil Dead Rise and the cheese grater, the newest Evil Dead film, The Geeks have created a new recipe for Deadite Leg-uini!
- 4 oz Red Chili Pepper Linguini
- 2 Eggs
- 2/3 cup Grated Parmesan (reserving about 1 tbsp for garnish)
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Parsley, to garnish
- Boil pasta per package instructions. Drain. Set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, combine oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, sun-dried tomatoes, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Set aside.
- Fry both eggs in a non-stick pan making sure that the yolks stay runny.
- Once cooked, remove the eggs from the pan to a plate, careful to not break the yolks.
- Add the oil mixture to the pan and let cook until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the pasta and toss with the oil mixture.
- Add the parmesan and toss until the cheese is melted.
- Plate the pasta on two plates and top with the egg.
- Garnish with reserved parmesan and parsley.
You can substitute regular linguini for the red chili pepper type.
*The Geeks were not compensated or given any comped items to facilitate this write-up; Opinions and recipes are wholly our own. Fandango codes were provided by Warner Brothers Pictures represented by Allied Integrated Marketing. View our Disclosure Policy for more info.