Our recipe for Mistress of Evil Pie Pops is a Paid Promotion for Walt Disney Studios’ Maleficent: Mistress of Evil.
It is no secret that we love Disney movies! When we were asked to create another recipe for Maleficent: Mistress of Evil we just had to say yes! This time, instead of a milkshake, we created a baked dessert. We’ve seen a lot of recipes for themed cake pops, but not a ton for pie pops. Therefore, we are excited to share our recipe for Mistress of Evil Pie Pops!
Maleficent: Mistress of Evil is a fantasy adventure that picks up several years after Maleficent. In that film, audiences learned of the events that hardened the heart of Disney’s most notorious villain and drove her to curse a baby Princess Aurora. Maleficent: Mistress of Evil continues to explore the complex relationship between the horned fairy and the soon to be Queen. It follows them as they form new alliances and face new adversaries in their struggle to protect the moors and the magical creatures that reside within.”
Bonus features include*:
- Lickspittle – Fantasy-film veteran Warwick Davis considers how every aspect of the film’s design inspired his tragic character.
BLU-RAY & DIGITAL BONUS:
- Extended Scenes
- The Queen Comforts Aurora – Queen Ingrith takes advantage of Aurora’s fragile state to gain her confidence and accelerate the wedding plans.
- Philip and Aurora Dance – Aurora struggles to gain Queen Ingrith’s approval when she realizes how she is viewed among the aristocracy.
- Origins of the Fey – Angelina Jolie discusses Maleficent’s lore, her newly discovered origins, and the diversity of the cast who portray the Fey.
- Aurora’s Wedding – Elle Fanning gushes over Aurora’s fairytale wedding; plus, hear from some special guests as they give their best to the bride and groom.
- If You Had Wings – Get a glimpse of the elaborate visual effects that allow the Fey to take to the skies.
- “Maleficent: Mistress of Evil” VFX Reel – Discover how a perfect blend of practical and visual effects was used to create the stunning landscapes in “Maleficent: Mistress of Evil.”
- Outtakes – Uncooperative cats, a serious case of the giggles and even the “floss dance” found their way into Ulstead.
- “You Can’t Stop The Girl” – Music video performed by Bebe Rexha
*Bonus features may vary by retailer
The inspiration for our pie pops came from not only the visuals of Maleficent’s costume but also the thorns in the spell she casts. With this in mind, we used blackberry jam because of its thorny bushes. The result is a really awesome looking pie pop that is sure to impress and is perfect for movie night!
We hope you enjoy our Mistress of Evil Pie Pops! Maleficent: Mistress of Evil is available now on Digital, 4K Ultra HD, and Blu-ray! Have you seen the film yet? Let us know your favorite characters in the comments below!
Inspired by the home release of Maleficent: Mistress of Evil, The Geeks have created a recipe for a cute but dark dessert called Mistress of Evil Pie Pops.
- 1 box pre-made Pie Crust (with 2 crusts)
- ¼ cup Blackberry Jam
- 1 egg (beaten lightly)
- 8-10 Cake Pop Sticks
- Meltable Dark Chocolate (melted per package instructions)
- Black Sugar Crystals
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Roll out the pie dough on a floured surface.
- Using, the stencil below and paring knife cut 16-20 Maleficent horns.
- Put half on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Spoon a small amount of jelly into the base of the horns.
- Place the cake pop stick almost to the top of the center, leaving space to crimp the edges.
- Brush the edges with egg was and top with another set of horns.
- Crimp the edges and brush the top with egg wash.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Drizzle with dark chocolate and sprinkle with sugar crystals.
*This is a Paid Promotion for Walt Disney Studios’ Maleficent: Mistress of Evil. All opinions are wholly our own. View our Disclosure Policy for more info.