2019 is almost over. However, we couldn’t let the year come to an end without one final giveaway. The Grudge kind of snuck up on us but after seeing the latest trailer we are sold! Not only that but one of our favorite actresses, Lin Shaye, is starring in it! Inspired by the film, we’ve created a recipe for Pasta with Chicken & Shiso Brown Butter Sauce! Read on to grab the recipe plus get the details for our giveaway!
In The Grudge, “after a young mother murders her family in her own house, a detective attempts to investigate the mysterious case, only to discover that the house is cursed by a vengeful ghost. Now targeted by the demonic spirits, the detective must do anything to protect herself and her family from harm.”
The inspiration for our Pasta with Chicken & Shiso Brown Butter Sauce came from a couple of places (aside from just the visuals of the poster). First, with the original film, Ju-on: The Grudge, coming from Japan we wanted to create a recipe that utilizes Japanese flavors. With that, you might be curious as to why we created a more Italian style pasta dish. Well, in Japan Italian food is quite popular. Therefore, we figured this dish would be the best of both worlds and it looks super scary!
Not only do we have this deliciously creepy recipe, but we also have a prize pack for one lucky winner! We are giving away one pair of Run of Engagement passes good for Phoenix area Harkins Theaters to see The Grudge on our Instagram. Along with the passes, the winner will receive a poster and a stress ball. The winner will be selected this Thursday! Good Luck!
Inspired by Sony Pictures' The Grudge, The Geeks have created a new deliciously creepy recipe for Pasta with Chicken & Shiso Brown Butter Sauce.
- 1 lb Chicken Tenders (Sauteed or Baked)
- 1 package Squid Ink Pasta (prepared per package instruction)
- 1 stick of Unsalted Butter
- 1 1/3 tbsp Shiso Fume Furikake Rice Seasoning + extra to decorate fingers.
- Prepare chicken with preferred method. Cut into finger shapes and decorate with shiso fume furikake rice seasoning.
- Set chicken aside to keep warm.
- Cook pasta per package instructions.
- When pasta is almost complete, start melting the butter over medium low heat.
- Add the Shiso to the butter.
- Cook until the milk solids in the butter are a caramel color. (No longer than about 6 minutes)
- Toss the pasta with the sauce.
- Plate pasta between 4 plates and shape it to look like hair.
- Top with chicken "fingers".
*The Geeks received no compensation to facilitate this write-up; opinions are wholly our own. Run of Engagement Passes provided by Allied Marketing. View our Disclosure Policy for more info.