Happy New Year’s Eve to everyone reading this! In case you didn’t know, this was the decade in which we started Geeks Who Eat. Originally a hobby, it has morphed into something much bigger and more important to us. Instead of sharing our favorites of the year, we thought it would be fun to share with you our top 10 recipes of the decade. We even included the non-geeky recipes that happened to fall into the top 10. So let’s get to it!
It is a period of boring food. The Galactic Empire has crushed the fun and creativity out of all dishes. Geeks Who Eat has launched a desperate rebellion to bring the maximum amount of fun back to food. These top 10 recipes have been the most popular and most searched for by our readers. Together we can bring fun back to eating in the galaxy.
10. Buffalo Kale Beyond Meat Vegan Burger– Looking for a meat-free and dairy-free burger option? This one is for you! It is loaded with flavor and could fool any meat eater.
9. Highgarden Salad– Inspired by House Tyrell in Game of Thrones, this healthier option is great for starting off the new year or the perfect side for a GoT re-watch party!
8. Grilled Jalapeno Bacon Wrapped Shrimp– We have made this recipe for several spring and summer barbeques. They always go quick and are super tasty!
7. Berbere Spiced Popcorn– Inspired by the region Wakanda would be in, our Berbere Spiced Popcorn is the perfect blend of spicy, smoky, and delicious.
6. TIE Striker Appetizers– Our TIE Striker Appetizers were one of our first decorative recipes and still hold a special spot in our hearts. They aren’t super easy to make but are worth the effort!
5. Godric’s Bacon Cheddar Ale Bread– The perfect choice to pair with soup during chilly weather, this Harry Potter inspired recipe will warm your home and make it smell wonderful!
4. Thermal Detonators– Our Thermal Detonators are another recipe that always pleases a crowd. They are also fantastic because you can adjust the heat to your preference.
3. Pig ‘N A Poke Tacos– Supernatural inspired breakfast tacos that use a pancake instead of a tortilla? Enough said.
2. Xenomorph Egg Cups– Our Xenomorph Egg Cups recipe was the first geeky recipe that we created to be shared by a studio Facebook page. We actually thought our site would break!
1. Gilly Water– This recipe is super simple to make, healthy, and delicious. Who would have thought that this easy recipe would be our most popular? Clearly the Harry Potter fans have spoken!
We hope you’ve enjoyed the past few years with us! We feel like we are just getting started! 2020 is going to be epic! What are some of your favorite recipes of ours? Have you tried any? Let us know in the comments below! Happy New Year!