Ever since last year’s Avengers: Infinity War we have been excited for the debut of a certain hero who was alluded to during the end credits scene. That’s right, we are excited for first movie appearance of Captain Marvel! As huge collectors of the comics (see the list I put together for DAPs Magic of Carol Danvers key issues), we have been eagerly anticipating the release of the film. We are excited to share our latest recipe with you, Higher Further Faster Smoothie Bowls!
“Set in the 1990s, Marvel Studios’ “Captain Marvel” is an all-new adventure from a previously unseen period in the history of the Marvel Cinematic Universe that follows the journey of Carol Danvers as she becomes one of the universe’s most powerful heroes. While a galactic war between two alien races reaches Earth, Danvers finds herself and a small cadre of allies at the center of the maelstrom.”
When creating our Higher Further Faster Smoothie Bowl, we decided to come up with a recipe for someone with an active lifestyle. Carol Danvers likely needs a healthy breakfast to start her day so we figured why not offer that? This recipe can be made in a smaller portion for one person or in a larger portion if you want to feed several people. Who doesn’t love a geeky brunch recipe?!
Now that you have a hero’s breakfast, here is the fun part! We are giving away 5 family four packs of VIP screening tickets for an advanced screening of Captain Marvel. The screening will be on Tuesday, March 5th at 7 pm at IMAX Arizona Mills. Winners should arrive at 6:15 in order to guarantee their seating. Winners will be selected on Friday, March 3rd. Good luck!
Go Higher Further Faster with The Geeks' latest recipe inspired by Captain Marvel, Higher Further Faster Smoothie Bowls!
- 1 1/2 cups Frozen Raspberries or Strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups Frozen Wild Blueberries
- 2 cups Water or Coconut Water
- 1/4 cup Kind Oats and Honey Clusters with Toasted Coconut, crushed
- Blue Pea Flower Powder (optional)
- Bethlehem Star Cookie Cutter
- Crush oat and honey clusters in a bag using a kitchen mallet or rolling pin.
- Set aside.
- Blend each fruit separately with 1 cup of liquid each.
- Using a small plate to divide your bowl, pour each smoothie into the bowl on separate sides.
- Carefully put the bowl into the freezer and allow to set for about 5-10 minutes.
- Once set, sprinkle blue half with blue pea flower powder to enhance the blue color.
- Place the star cookie cutter in the center of the bowl.
- Fill the cookie cutter with oat and honey cluster mixture.
- Make lines with mixture coming off of the cookie cutter.
- Carefully lift the cookie cutter and adjust any pieces that may have fallen out of shape.
- Serve. (Stir before eating to combine the flavors)
We doubled the recipe to fill the bowl we took photos with. This amount can made to serve multiple people.
*The Geeks received no compensation to facilitate this write-up; opinions are wholly our own. Screening tickets provided by Fingerpaint Marketing. View our Disclosure Policy for more info.
3 Replies to “Higher Further Faster Smoothie Bowls: A Captain Marvel Inspired Recipe”
I absolutely love a Smoothie bowl, and this one looks right up my street. Can’t wait to give it a go myself!
Emma | https://geekytourist.com