We love The Conjuring Universe. Not just a little, but a lot. Any time a new movie within the franchise is released we are beside ourselves with excitement! So of course when The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It was announced, we knew we’d have to create some kind of post for it! Fortunately, we are also able to do a giveaway for screening passes, so read on!
“The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It reveals a chilling story of terror, murder, and unknown evil that shocked even experienced real-life paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren. One of the most sensational cases from their files, it starts with a fight for the soul of a young boy, then takes them beyond anything they’d ever seen before, to mark the first time in U.S. history that a murder suspect would claim demonic possession as a defense.”
Below are some of our recipes inspired by movies with The Conjuring Universe:
- Cherry Almond Tea Cakes– Inspired by Annabelle: Creation, we created these mini tea cakes so you could host your very own tea party with a possessed and creepy doll!
- Spirit Soothing Cider– Knowing how scary the Annabelle films can be, we wanted to create something that would calm viewers. This spirit soothing cider does just that!
The Curse of La Llorona
- Cursed Cookies- One of our prettiest recipes, these cookies aren’t as difficult as they look. If you have a piece of lace and some powdered sugar, you can create these beauties!
- Pozole Verde from Witchy Kitchen- Our pal Carrie over at Witchy Kitchen came up with this delicious pozole recipe. In her words, ” I went to the waters for this La Llorona inspired [pozole] and used shrimp (creek shrimp would be especially apt if you can find it). I love the technique of using shrimp shells to make a briny broth, so that’s done here. The poblano mixture flavored with garlic, cumin, coriander, and oregano makes the broth a watery green, and the strings of spinach evoke underwater plants as the ghost is known to scrape the bottoms of rivers and lakes, desperately looking for her children.”
- The Geeks Guide to Romanian Mezeluri- Instead of a recipe for The Nun we visted a local Eastern European grocer and created our own version of a Mezeluri board. It was definitely an experience we won’t forget!
We hope you enjoy the recipes we’ve rounded up inspired by The Conjuring Universe! Now for the part, you’ve been waiting for! We’re giving away 5 pairs of VIP advanced screening passes to see The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It. The showing will be held at Harkins Tempe Marketplace on Tuesday, June 1st. The screening starts at 7 pm and the winners should arrive at 6:15 in order to guarantee their seating. Safety precautions will be in place per the theater’s protocols. Winners will be selected on Friday, May 28th. If you aren’t ready for the theater quite yet, the film will also be on HBOMax on June 4th! Good Luck!
One Reply to “Eerie Eats Inspired by the Conjuring Universe”
Hi! Please share the dish I can use while watching the conjuring3???