Here in Arizona, winter has arrived! Our temperatures have lowered and it has even been rainy. Heck, we are expecting more rain this week! It got us thinking about some of our favorite geeky recipes for cooler weather. We decided it would fun to share them with you!
Below are some geeky recipes that are absolutely perfect for a cold and rainy day!
- Cemetery Soup– Inspired by Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark, Cemetery Soup is a rich and hearty soup loaded with beef, barley, and veggies. It will definitely warm you up!
- Spirit Soothing Cider– Another horror movie-inspired recipe, Spirit Soothing Cider was created for Annabelle: Comes Home. Not only is it warming, but the chamomile is very calming.
- Godric’s Bacon Cheddar Ale Bread– You might be wondering why we included a bread recipe. Well, it is amazing with soup. Not to mention, on a cold day who doesn’t love the smell of bread baking in the oven?
- Meg’s Warmed Milk– Looking for something warm and comforting to drink before bed? Our recipe for Meg’s Warmed Milk inspired by A Wrinkle in Time is a choice that won’t disappoint!
- Hi Dad Soup– Looking for a vegetarian option for a chilly day? Hi-Dad Soup is for you! This recipe comes straight out of A Goofy Movie. Let’s hope you don’t see Bigfoot while you’re making it.
- Queenie’s Hot Chocolate– Last but not least, we have a delicious hot chocolate recipe that we created for Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. This is a fantastic dessert for a chilly evening.
We hope you love our chilly weather recipes! Do you have any favorite cold weather geeky recipes? Is there a movie you’d like to see a comfort food recipe for? Let us know in the comments below or tag us on social media! Stay warm!